Murray Grey

Help Support CattleToday:

VanC

Reaction score
Quick question before I have to head back to work.
Are Murray Greys considered an English breed, even though they were developed in Australia? Will check back tonite. Thanks.

In my opinion they're Australian. No different than any other developed breed. You don't call Gerts british because they have Shorthorn in 'em so I guess Murrays should be Australian.

Gerts are considered an American breed as for Murray Grey If they were developed in Australia you would think they would be considered Aussie cattle

For genetics purposes they would be classified as british since that's the basis of the breeds that they were developed from. But Australian for the origin of the specific breed.

dun

Thanks for the answers. The reason I was asking was I read where one of the live animal requirements for CHB was 1/2 Hereford (at least) and 100% English. Was just curious whether Murray Grey would qualify as English for CHB.

VanC":3u9lt2d3 said:
Thanks for the answers. The reason I was asking was I read where one of the live animal requirements for CHB was 1/2 Hereford (at least) and 100% English. Was just curious whether Murray Grey would qualify as English for CHB.
Is that 1/2 Hereford and 100% English, meaning both, or 1/2 Hereford or 100% British meaning either one?

Come on txag or Certherfbeef. I know both of you would know the answer.

They are english cattle, since both breeds originated in England and Scotland, and they have no kangaroo blood as far as we know.

la4angus":1c78c5ly said:
VanC":1c78c5ly said:
Is that 1/2 Hereford and 100% English, meaning both, or 1/2 Hereford or 100% British meaning either one?

Come on txag or Certherfbeef. I know both of you would know t
he answer.

At least 1/2 Hereford and any remaining breed makeup must be British also. Web site only mentions Angus, Red Angus, Shorthorn, and South Devon, but there are other British breeds and was just curious about whether Murray Grey would qualify.
P.S. How do you get the quotes in those boxes like you folks do?

VanC":1jcj8euk said:
P.S. How do you get the quotes in those boxes like you folks do?
Click on the "QUOTE" button at top right. Delete what you want out. Be sure the {quote="Name""} is at the top left of your quote and {/quote} is at bottom of what you want to quote.

Try it and hit preview before you submit and see if it works.

Van, you can also delete posts. Look in the upper right of the message box. There are buttons to edit, delete and quote. You're the only one who can delete or edit your own posts, except the moderators.

Frankie":envvixmf said:
Van, you can also delete posts. Look in the upper right of the message box. There are buttons to edit, delete and quote. You're the only one who can delete or edit your own posts, except the moderators.

yeah Van, please do that at least 6 times.

Sorry. I'm learning. I would delete most of these but apparently you have to do it before someone responds. As for the original question, I will try again later when I have time to state it more clearly. Too much confusion.

Latest posts