Murray grey x Hereford

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef said:
Any chance that cross would be too docile? I've worked with MG's. Almost need a fork up their butt to get them excited.

The MG's I have delt with were very well muscled, moderate framed and long as a freight train. And docile to the point they seemed almost dumb at times. Note: I said almost. The calves were stout little meat wagons too. Is this still an accurate description of the breed Springer? It has been over 10 years, maybe they changed with time??

There is probably more registered MG's out there than you might think. Especially if all the associations merged into one.

I just whistle and all our MGs come running into the corral. No fork needed until after the steaks are cooked :)

greggy said:
Digging up a few old threads.

Some years later, wondering if there has been more trying this cross ?

Not as common for the folks that register their cattle since a 7/8 calf is considered purebred and if the white face is still hanging on then the calf does not qualify for registration. I don't see a lot but we sure like them!

7 Lazy 11 Ranch in NV is doing quite a few Hereford x MG and selling the bulls to commercial breeders.