Murray Grey or Angus-Shorthorn

Help Support CattleToday:

In my experience, no. They also will not likely have the colouring, calving ease, marbling or ease of doing. Remember, the cross occurred almost 100 years ago, so it was old style angus, and old style shorthorn which created this breed. Both breeds have had extreme changes since then.

No, they won't have the same temperament and carcass traits. The breed has evolved tremendously over the years.

Friends back in the 90's bred one of their Murray Greys with 20+ year old Murray Grey semen. The resulting calf was the funniest looking, shortest bull I think I've ever seen. The friends said he was tpical of what Murray Greys looked like over 20 years previously.

Actually, if you've seen photos of Herefords back in the 1950's, there was a resemblance in this bull in the stature/conformation of what was considered a good show Hereford. There was no Hereford in this bull, but he reminded me of the changes that have occurred over the years in all breeds.

This bull became their gomer bull & conversation piece.

> Does any Angus-Shorthorn
> crossbreed will have the same
> carcass traits and temperament as
> the Murray Grey?

thanks, but if Murrays change with time, Angus & Shorthorns have done too, so I was wondering that the crossbred will be almost the same as Murray Grey but with a different color, at least sounds logical to me.

> No, they won't have the same
> temperament and carcass traits.
> The breed has evolved tremendously
> over the years.

> Friends back in the 90's bred one
> of their Murray Greys with 20+
> year old Murray Grey semen. The
> resulting calf was the funniest
> looking, shortest bull I think
> I've ever seen. The friends said
> he was tpical of what Murray Greys
> looked like over 20 years