Multiple quotes & answers

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
Here's another tech question. I know how to use the "quote" to directly answer a post. But - how do they put several quotes & answers in the same post? Was that clear as mud?

By the way, this is absolutly the best run/managed site I have ever had the pleasure of visiting.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1s42d4vp said:
Here's another tech question. I know how to use the "quote" to directly answer a post. But - how do they put several quotes & answers in the same post?
Lots of copy and paste and the "Quote" tab above reply area and a quick preview to see how much I screwed it up!

Was that clear as mud?
Clear as Mud!
By the way, this is absolutly the best run/managed site I have ever had the pleasure of visiting.
Have to agree with you there!

If you hit the "quote" button above a post, it takes you to the "reply" page, and quotes the entire message by a given user. For instance:

Jeanne - Simme Valley":6xj8je65 said:
Here's another tech question. I know how to use the "quote" to directly answer a post. But - how do they put several quotes & answers in the same post? Was that clear as mud?

Which looks like this on the reply page (without the "-"):

[-quote-="Jeanne - Simme Valley"]Here's another tech question. I know how to use the "quote" to directly answer a post. But - how do they put several quotes & answers in the same post? Was that clear as mud?

By the way, this is absolutly the best run/managed site I have ever had the pleasure of visiting.[/-quote-]

Now, another way of putting quotes in the topic is to hit the "reply" button at the bottom of the page, scroll through the "topic review", copy and paste quotes from each user, hit the "quote" button on the reply page (yellow button), for each 'quote', which looks like...

Like this...

That gives you a quote without the "user name wrote"...if you want that, you simply type the user name in like: [-quote="user name"] and then put your [/-quote] after it.

Like this:

user 1":6xj8je65 said:
User 1 wrote

user 2":6xj8je65 said:
User 2 wrote

Hopefully that makes some sense. :lol:

Latest posts