Multimin

Help Support CattleToday:

Know some that use it. Its not cheap, but u do get a response. I used it on my breeding heifers so they would catch first cycle. Haven't started calving yet, but preg check was good. I know a few guys that will give it to cows that look deficient when running the herd through. Another that uses it just like the manufacturer wants & we are n an area where we aren't deficient in anything.

I think it works. Chealated mineral is cheaper. If your having issues, might be helpful. I wouldn't think there would be enough of a return to use it in a mass application for prevention. Everyones herd & environment is different.

I know of it, but have never used it, I've also heard it's expensive, everyone's opinion of expensive is different, for good things that work I don't mind spending money. What does it do and what all would you give it to?

If you have cattle in dire straights, or haven't been on mineral, it would be good to use.

But like Amo said, chealated mineral is cheaper, not much use for it with cows that are up to par on mineral.

sim.-ang.king":qjhk75e3 said:
If you have cattle in dire straights, or haven't been on mineral, it would be good to use.

But like Amo said, chealated mineral is cheaper, not much use for it with cows that are up to par on mineral.
The cows we're bringing in look as if they should have died long ago.

I'm wondering if it would be good to give to some of the calves I buy sevarel hundred miles away when I get them home.

good product. use it at branding time and turn out time on yearlings. also give it to our bulls. 500ml bottle is a little over $200. a 5 wt. steer would get about $2 worth. requires a rx, fyi.

We started using it again last year, on our registered cattle, bred heifers, and fall cows before we put the bull out. I don't really have anything measurable to report, but the bull quit working about a month ago (in a 75 day season), and the heifers' calves are the spryest we've ever had. For $2/head, it certainly doesn't hurt anything.

I have done some reading and this product sounds promising. Is there any risk in it causing a problem in a cow?

Im in northern middle, been using it for years no problems. Theres always a bottle here.

BSE,

Obviously you feel it helps in your program. How are you using it and how do you feel it has benefited your program?

I use it 30 days prior to AI date at the same time I vaccinate, then the calves at weaning, I should give the cows another dose about mid Aug, I just cant find the time right then, but getting them bred is my main goal.
I have no documentation that it helps anything, I cull on fertility and the only things ive culled in the last few years are recips that probably dont deserve being culled, but thats my program. Just in my mind it makes sense I know they have what they need to help with breeding, if I get one more conception with it, its paid for.
I pay $182 for 500ml thats .364 per ml most of mine average 1400lbs at 7ml per so about $2.51 per head, the cost is the same for a 7wt calf.

denvermartinfarms":2a8seeag said:
I know of it, but have never used it, I've also heard it's expensive, everyone's opinion of expensive is different, for good things that work I don't mind spending money. What does it do and what all would you give it to?

A researcher "proved" that some breeds need more minerals than others based on liver samples. Simi was one on the needy ones.
Multimin will send you a packet of information that "proves" it increases conception rates, but it is hard to know what previous mineral program they were on.
We use it on thin cattle and cattle with poor hair coats. It clearly works on hair and should be offered in beauty shops. :lol2:

Latest posts