Multimin vs Mineral Max

Help Support CattleToday:

Third Row

Reaction score
Are there any differences between these two products?

Our local Walco only sells Mineral Max and I think the vets have some sort of racket with them because they won't do online prescriptions any more.

Nope, same thing last time I checked. Multimin is considerably more expensive.

BTW, I really like the stuff. I'll generally use it prior to breeding, calving, or on any young stock that's had a rough time or has a dull coat.

I've heard tons of gushing reports of its positive impacts on reproduction.

Do you have any experience giving 1cc to young calves like the lable mentions?

Think the label says 2cc/100lbs for calves, but anyway... I haven't given it to newborns, but I've given to calves around 200-300lbs and was pleased with the result (they had dull coats and were eating my fences before treatement).

They have a little bit different recipe- but not enough to keep them from being interchangeable.
We got a bad bottle once-- if it has separated at all (white sediment) don't use it. We did and it made horrible swellings.

I use Mutimin prior to breeding and calving. I give all newborns a cc when taging,wieghing, and giving First Defense. I feed the best minerial and still see more bred on earlier heats, calves are more vigorous, and better all around health after I started using it per my Vets advise. Really good to use with first round of Vaccinations by booster time it is absorbed and they are ready to get full immunity from shots. The price isn't bad $185 for 500ml.

Latest posts