Mules

Help Support CattleToday:

crossbredcalves

Reaction score
Does anyone on here have mules? Do you ride them? What kind of mules? Why do you like them?

I have personally always had horses, but my grandfather has raised mules and I have considered buying a mule to trail ride and work cattle on. My dad has always been one of the "stubborn as a mule" people, but I don't necessarily agree. What are your experiences?

Post pics if you have them. I always like to see a good mule.

We have one....the reason we have ONE is because I do NOT want TWO. Our mule is always the culpret when anything goes wrong. He teaches the horses to walk the cattle guard. He jumps....but the horses walk it. If there's a weak spot in the fence he'll find it, and out he goes...and the horses follow.

He rides just fine....IF you can catch him. And by catch I mean "TRAP" him in the round pen, and then run him around it until he's tired enuff that he finally gives up and lets you halter him.

I say "ours" but in truth he belongs to my MIL...she just HAD to have a mule!!!!!! But she does absolutely nothin with him, except feeds him the leftover Sunday biscuits, and any other sweets that she is gonna throw out like cupcakes, donuts...etc.

Mules are smarter than horses in that they take much better care of themselves.. Never owned one.

Jersey Lilly: I am sorry you have had a bad experience with mules.

All the mules that I have worked with have been very good. My grandpa had 2 teams, one young and one more mature. The older team was broke to ride and drive. We could go out in the middle of the pasture and catch either of them and hop on and ride them everywhere bareback with a halter.

I want to find one that rides gentle and is easy to work with. I rodeo and work cattle, so I want to find a mule that has been used in a ranch type environment.

jersey lilly":3f2ixynr said:
We have one....the reason we have ONE is because I do NOT want TWO.

Our mule is always the culpret when anything goes wrong.If there's a weak spot in the fence he'll find it.

IF you can catch him. And by catch I mean "TRAP" him in the round pen, and then run him around it until he's tired enuff that he finally gives up and lets you halter him.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's just the jackass coming out in him. I don't own a mule, but I've got quite a few jackasses and you have described them perfectly. The stubborn part of the jackass combined with the size of a horse makes for a devilish animal.

Latest posts