mules in pasture

Help Support CattleToday:

brownmule

Reaction score
heres a couple pic of the longear gang and jane plus stormmie ambers horse. when you up to see them the whole herd wants to be loved on we got 10 on the field watch your toes. lol
trintiy5-21-08061.jpg

trintiy5-21-08059.jpg

misty morning my 3 yr mule colt from stormmie and my jack general
trintiy5-21-08065.jpg

those are some good looking mules.they gots lots of deep grass to eat thats for sure.

Rose, they're fantastic! I love the colors.

Alice

dyates":39nb36oc said:
Reclaimed stripmine?

yes it is mr Sandy has the same type of land as i do. aprox 75 acres. he used to run cattle yrs ago. i called a fews yrs ago about pasture, some one had all ready got it. this june he called me. was so happy to get it [me and the girls] . next yr i can take them earlier.

Urmmmm,they look a bit thin---Is that the way mules are bult,cause I've noticed most I've seen have a bit of backbone..Nice,calm faces,plenty of grass..

john250":1bgdhf87 said:
I don't think Misty Morning ever posted a pic in the "names with faces" thread. So glad we finally have a picture of her.

Ha Ha Ha John, now just how long have you been waiting for this opportunity to come along? ;-)

brownmule those are some mighty fine looking animals. You must be very proud of them as you should be. :nod:

peg, yeah they are 1/2 donkey. ever rode a donkey bare back? not for long LOL my drafts are more round backed . misty is still in that "lankie" colt stage " they mature at about 5 yrs right now shes all legs and ears lol they make special mule saddles because of they back and body style. a couple grand for one. i ride western, my fav is a big roping saddle. i have a couple of them. i use built up saddle pads. other wise you end under the mule and the saddle upside down they will slide right off them, expecialy in summer, they are as slick as satin when they shed out... :cboy: Rose

Those are some good looking mules. I am jealous. I want a pair of saddle mules so bad... I can't afford the ones I want, though. You are lucky.

MistyMorning":24fwjlvh said:
john250":24fwjlvh said:
I don't think Misty Morning ever posted a pic in the "names with faces" thread. So glad we finally have a picture of her.

Ha Ha Ha John, now just how long have you been waiting for this opportunity to come along? ;-)

I grew up with the old men telling stories. After WW I they were able to buy some Army surplus mules for the farm. I guess those mules were good workers with one weakness. In the Army (peacetime army, I assume) they quit at 4 pm every day. And when they got to the farm, the mules still quit at their accustomed time. After 4, you were headed to the shed.

I guess my memory is about is long as those mules memory. Have you seen my glasses??

Hope you aren't offended. The mule named Misty Morning is particularly slick.

john250":1t1np8oo said:
MistyMorning":1t1np8oo said:
john250":1t1np8oo said:

I grew up with the old men telling stories. After WW I they were able to buy some Army surplus mules for the farm. I guess those mules were good workers with one weakness. In the Army (peacetime army, I assume) they quit at 4 pm every day. And when they got to the farm, the mules still quit at their accustomed time. After 4, you were headed to the shed.

I guess my memory is about is long as those mules memory. Have you seen my glasses??

Hope you aren't offended. The mule named Misty Morning is particularly slick.

John no offense taken whatsoever! I thought it was a hoot! :nod:

Latest posts