Mule owners

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
FYI, check your air filters. They are inadequate. Invest in a snorkel to keep junk out.

cowgirl8":17dhkhz4 said:
FYI, check your air filters. They are inadequate. Invest in a snorkel to keep junk out.

My mule don't have filters. But he can talk. When I walk in the stable, I say, Jack, you want some oats? He raises his tail and says, "Ah fewwww".

Bright Raven":3modhp2e said:
cowgirl8":3modhp2e said:

My mule don't have filters. But he can talk. When I walk in the stable, I say, Jack, you want some oats? He raises his tail and says, "Ah fewwww".
LOL.....

:heart:
5S Cattle":2navi80o said:
They're not inadequate, you just have to clean them
If you haven't done anything to yours if you have one. Well. Too bad

Inadequate for what?
My oldest sister has had her's for about 3 years with no engine problems other than a bad battery.
She walks nowhere anymore..she gets on that mule if she has to go anywhere at all, whether it's a mile or 50'.

DIrt can get around the filter. We bought one a little over a year ago. When my husband did its first oil change, he checked the filter. He could see dirt was getting around the filter. Contacted the dealer who sold it to us and they were like, Oh, yeah we have a second filter you can add to it. Got the second filter thinking, it will be like all the other diesels we have, first will take in the dust, second will then filter the air clean. They also said you have to oil the gasket, that helps.. We have a lot of diesel engines and that second filter, even when used in very fine dusty jobs, will stay like new.. But when husband went to check the oil, he could see that both filters were dirty...another thing is where the filter is too, right at the back wheel.. We went back to the dealership and they said corporate is aware of the problem and the only solution right now is a snorkel, which they had for the people who realized there is a problem. People who are just cleaning that filter, aren't realizing that fine dust is getting into the engine and shortening the life of that engine...
SO, if you're cleaning your filter thinking all is good, its not...

cowgirl8":2n6yi9ku said:
DIrt can get around the filter. We bought one a little over a year ago. When my husband did its first oil change, he checked the filter. He could see dirt was getting around the filter. Contacted the dealer who sold it to us and they were like, Oh, yeah we have a second filter you can add to it. Got the second filter thinking, it will be like all the other diesels we have, first will take in the dust, second will then filter the air clean. They also said you have to oil the gasket, that helps.. We have a lot of diesel engines and that second filter, even when used in very fine dusty jobs, will stay like new.. But when husband went to check the oil, he could see that both filters were dirty...another thing is where the filter is too, right at the back wheel.. We went back to the dealership and they said corporate is aware of the problem and the only solution right now is a snorkel, which they had for the people who realized there is a problem. People who are just cleaning that filter, aren't realizing that fine dust is getting into the engine and shortening the life of that engine...

Did you have to pay for the snorkel?

Brute 23":3i63ated said:
cowgirl8":3i63ated said:

Lol, I heard somewhere there is one born every day.

The JD Gators have a similar problem. The filter is adequate, just in a bad spot if you drive in rough areas. One of ours must have hit a chunk of something and broke where the filter is attached and cracked where we couldn't see it. Engine sucked in dust over time and ruined the engine. The gator is a defect in design. Was just past warranty too.. The mules are a defect also. You wont know it right away, while its in warranty, but if you live in dusty areas like we do, the engines life will be very short. SO, this should be looked at for sure if you're looking to buy a used one also.
Just took my 4wheeler to the shop, my warranty runs out next year. Something with computer stuff that shifts it went out. Luckily we got the extra 4 year full warranty, but this time they better not tell me it has too many miles. It doesn't have as many as the last one that they said the limitless mile warranty wouldn't cover it because it had too many miles... I have only 12000 on my new one, but did that in 3 years instead of 2...

TennesseeTuxedo":235e6wgi said:
TWELVE THOUSAND MILES on a UTV?
I know right. I live on that thing for 4 months. The rest of the year I drive either the mile or gator.

M-5":1l4l4ap0 said:
Brute 23":1l4l4ap0 said:
cowgirl8":1l4l4ap0 said:

This could be said about the people who think think the filter is doing its job and have no idea. A few years down the road they get to either replace your engine or sell you a new one.

cowgirl8":2b2k0h9l said:
M-5":2b2k0h9l said:
Brute 23":2b2k0h9l said:

This could be said about the people who think think the filter is doing its job and have no idea. A few years down the road they get to either replace your engine or sell you a new one.

I don't own a mule but IIRC the maintenance schedule is to replace filters every 100hrs on atv utv vehicles. I know thats what i do on my kubota.

M-5":32s3kk4u said:
cowgirl8":32s3kk4u said:
M-5":32s3kk4u said:
I don't own a mule but IIRC the maintenance schedule is to replace filters every 100hrs on atv utv vehicles. I know thats what i do on my kubota.
Its not the filter that's the problem. Its that air can get around the seal of the filter..SO, even if they are replacing and cleaning the filter on schedule, it doesn't solve the problem. Technically, when a filter needs changed, its because air flow is not getting through it or it clogs easily. If you aren't aware that air can get around and the air intake is right between the front and back tires where the air is dirtiest, then, well, on down the road your engine goes out.

I only find a few complaining about it. But I'm more concerned why brute didn't warn everyone of this Injustice since he is in the business. In today's world where less than 1% of unhappy dictate change to the 99% that are happy. If the root cause is researched it is most likley the EPA regulating standards and the vehicle makers have to make a not so ideal choice.

M-5":1jae78x8 said:
I only find a few complaining about it. But I'm more concerned why brute didn't warn everyone of this Injustice since he is in the business. In today's world where less than 1% of unhappy dictate change to the 99% that are happy. If the root cause is researched it is most likley the EPA regulating standards and the vehicle makers have to make a not so ideal choice.

Im trying to but I cant even find out what year or model or any thing. Kawasaki has only been making Mules for 30 years. Hell... Im assuming its a Kawasaki Mule since it has an air filter. It may be a he-haw Mule. :lol:

This thread is a waste of enet space IMO. :tiphat:

Latest posts