Mule Deer & Antelope

Help Support CattleToday:

drycreek

Reaction score
Son and I would love to have the opportunity to hunt both these animals in either 2010 or 2011. Anyone have any info that might help such as which state with best access and ease of draw or over the counter sales? All info will be greatly appreaciated. I live in Southeast Kansas and have excelent whitetail hunting for either one or two hunters anyone interested in a trade. Only owned the property for two seasons 2008 two hunters and myself harvested two 8 points one 10 point that green scored 147 3/4, 2009 harvested one 8 point green scored 140 and a 9 point that green scored 155 7/8.

If you head west Kansas has both avalible to hunt. Muley muzzle loader tags can be purchased over the counter, rifle tags will require a preference point. There are a lot of walk in hunting with good access to sand hill property.

Antelope take some preference points to draw 2 or 3 for muzzie and 7 for rifle.

All bow tags are over the counter.

My brother has shot nice 5x5 mule deer the last two years with a muzzle loader.

Its not too difficult to get permission out here as most farmers dont hunt and want all the deer, antelope shot.

With a little work and some phone calls you can put together a really good chance at some deer.

Any other questions just ask. Not really interested in a trade as I have shot plenty of white tail and am still working on a big muley myself.

Latest posts