Mud

Help Support CattleToday:

CKC1586

Reaction score
I am really tired of the mud.... I think there has been maybe one day in the last ten days that it didn't rain. It has rained alllll day today. What a mess... I took this out the back door of my brothers barn today, looks like the girls are tired of it too....
50.jpg

yes that mudd is bad.but itll dry up soon enough.we cant get out in our pastures either.

It would be wonderful to have this problem much more often. It sure beats seeing dust clouds each time a cow takes a step.

I am sorry to be so whiney about the mud, but lordy I am so sick of it! This has been a crazy year. Every month from April was below average temps and above average wet, then came September with above average temps and below average wet. Now October....colder and wetter again!!!! What a mess.
Somebody in Michigan has really pi$$ed mother nature off.

CKC1586":10qe0363 said:
I am sorry to be so whiney about the mud, but lordy I am so sick of it! This has been a crazy year. Every month from April was below average temps and above average wet, then came September with above average temps and below average wet. Now October....colder and wetter again!!!! What a mess.

Aw go ahead and yak about the weather CK, it's what we are supposed to do! I see 2 inches of the white stuff out there. :help:

Shoot MM you should be jumpin up and down for joy that you ONLY see 2in. of that white stuff. You do live in Minnesooooota. :lol2:

MistyMorning":2rfnkn3a said:
Aw go ahead and yak about the weather CK, it's what we are supposed to do! I see 2 inches of the white stuff out there. :help:

angrie got dandruff again?

CKC1586":s2fecqgt said:

We in Manitoba have had the exact same weather!

CKC1586":pq3b3q34 said:
I'd say Mother nature is pi$$ed off all around the World at the moment. Hope it dries out a bit for you soon.

CKC1586":kxthl13m said:

Supposed to have been partly cloudy today. Instead it rained a half inch over the last six hours. Beginning to wonder if I might need to get some pointers from you. It has been a long time since mud has been a problem, but it is creeping up on us fast. Not sure I remember the correct procedure. Only thing I remember is how to whine about it being hot and dry. Cold and wet is still shorting out memory circuits and causing lapses. Makes it hard to remember what day it is. I am happy to report I found the rubber boots without any inhabitants to evict so that task has been completed......... What is next? :p

I swore I wouldn't complain no matter how much rain we got this winter... it's been such a dry summer! I was happy to dig out the ol' rubber boots a couple of weeks ago. I haven't put them away since. They said two days ago it was going to clear up, and of course it rained most of the day today. Maybe it will drown the army worms... :cboy:

Spotted a few tiny ones around one of the barns before this started last week. Hoping I'll be lucky enough for this to stop them. Grasshoppers look to be having a little trouble now too. I was looking at my rain log. It has rained 13 days out of the last 40. 13.1 inches in those 40 days to give us a total of 27.1 for the year. Just might end up with an above average rainfall total for the year. :lol:

BullLady, how's your pastures. Mine are really growing. Getting kind of mushy and soft now, but they really came back strong.

it rained here in northern mississippi 14 days straight all day every day and then off and on for another week...Got so bad couldnt even drive my four wheeler in the yard without tearing it up

Yes here to , but after the drouth of 07 , i will never again say anything but Thank You Lord when it comes to rain...

1982vett":1p41u6pv said:
CKC1586":1p41u6pv said:

Supposed to have been partly cloudy today. Instead it rained a half inch over the last six hours. Beginning to wonder if I might need to get some pointers from you. It has been a long time since mud has been a problem, but it is creeping up on us fast. Not sure I remember the correct procedure. Only thing I remember is how to whine about it being hot and dry. Cold and wet is still shorting out memory circuits and causing lapses. Makes it hard to remember what day it is. I am happy to report I found the rubber boots without any inhabitants to evict so that task has been completed......... What is next? :p
Well, one thing be sure the boots are on good and tight so they don't get sucked off in the mud...makes a nasty mess of your socks. :cry2:

I'm right there with ya now CKC1586. I was scared to crab about mud in fear of ticking off the rain gods after our 6th year of drought and having no rain all month September but now it's just bad out there for the mud. Ain't real worried about drying out since up here October mud doesn't dry like April mud does. Just turns into poor man's concrete. The gods are angry. Too cold to grow corn all summer, then once we're ready to finally put up corn silage (a month late) the corn freezes, then it snows. But all you can do is complain and wait. Time honored farmer tradition.

redcowsrule33":1afsd7fd said:
I'm right there with ya now CKC1586. I was scared to crab about mud in fear of ticking off the rain gods after our 6th year of drought and having no rain all month September but now it's just bad out there for the mud. Ain't real worried about drying out since up here October mud doesn't dry like April mud does. Just turns into poor man's concrete. The gods are angry. Too cold to grow corn all summer, then once we're ready to finally put up corn silage (a month late) the corn freezes, then it snows. But all you can do is complain and wait. Time honored farmer tradition.
Yup, I was gone for 4 days and looks like it is drying up a bit, sticky now instead of sloppy...

I'm sick of it too, just a forewarn, do not put out round bale rings in with younger calves, I had one get caught in it last night, and when it tried to get out it got stuck in the mud and was dead :mad: :mad:

Plus the mud just makes everything look so bad. Atleast the sun is out today, thank goodness for that.:)

GMN

last two days actually got out of my muck boots and did chores in work boots, only a few "puddles" left...rain today, tomorrow and Friday is predicted....oh well.

Latest posts