Mud Tires

Help Support CattleToday:

Cowboy 2.0

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of mud tires out there. I have used the Remington Mud Brutes and wasn't very impressed with them. I put some Toyo All Terrains on it and you see how far they got me. What are some of y'alls preferances?

STUCK.jpg

The tires on the truck have to be load range E to carry the load they are put under. You can barely find anything that fills the bill. Hancook is about the best you can do.

Buckshot Mudders, you will get out of a mud hole or you will really be stuck.

cowboyup216":2swp4raq said:
I agree with crowder aint nothing butter than buckshot mudders and a 6 inch lift kit.
How many highway miles can you get out of them?

cowboyup216":132jhsnn said:
You dont want to know lol.
Yep, I know...........I had some one time and they were pretty loud going at highway speeds, but they were the best in the mud!!! :lol: :lol:

If you keep up with alignments, rotate often, and run proper air pressure, you should get 20-25,000 out of them. A lot depends on how rough you use em'.

if you want an agressive tire try a SSR Radial super swamper. I had two sets on my old truck and got close to 50k on each set. They where 35's and 10ply you just have to keep them rotated.

I've already bout a leveling kit and 2.5 inch spacers for the back so I can put a taller wider tire on it.

I picture was 4 wheel drive and I tried going every direction possible before I gave up. :D

I use a generic knock-off of the BFG, they have Mud King Steel Radial wrote on the sidewall. They go well and last a good while. Around here they sell a tire called Co-Op's, from the local farm stores, go like a log skidder but last about 5k. Anyone else ever seen them?

On a side note, a dually will never go as good as a single wheel. And I'd bet you were goofing off when that happened.

cfpinz

Yea, there's a road that goes through our place and that was the only mud hole between us and the campsite at the back of the place. I still want some good mud tires to get me around the house. The tires on it get stuck on wet grass and I knew it would get stuck but we hit it anyway. Made a cool picture. :D

cfpinz":1mfdj6fh said:
I use a generic knock-off of the BFG, they have Mud King Steel Radial wrote on the sidewall. They go well and last a good while. Around here they sell a tire called Co-Op's, from the local farm stores, go like a log skidder but last about 5k. Anyone else ever seen them?

On a side note, a dually will never go as good as a single wheel. And I'd bet you were goofing off when that happened.

cfpinz

Yep those are good also. Family members run them and get around the 50K mark.

cfpinz":1sjugx2l said:

cfpinz

i've got co ops on almost every truck here...I aint spending $200+ on a tire that just gonna blow out or wear down...and the steel radial A/T get real good wear actually...and you can get them brand new for about $500 here

Once you high center like that I don't think it matters what kind of tires you have. When I first saw the picture I was thinking you didn't get very far but once you start dragging ground your in bad shape.

Walt

Latest posts