MUD - MUD - MUD !!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

beanie

Reaction score
I got three bale rings I try to keep hay in but this time of year in illinois can be a bear getting to round bales then gettn them to the cows -- I know a 4x4 tractor be the thing to have , I just havent the funds for one -- whats everyone else do ?

We have a 4x4 tractor :lol:
but maybe you could try moving the rings in a more accessible place? or putting down some gravel in the muddiest areas to make a path for your tractor if you have access to some. Sorry I don't have any better ideas :?

yeah you need a 4wd drive tractor.haying in heavy mudd is no fun.no matter what tractor you have.

Yep front wheel assist would great just to get around the lots. Cows are belly deep in it and I don't mean the green stuff. Oh by the way I hate mud.

Angus Guy":sj1cwtjc said:
Yep front wheel assist would great just to get around the lots. Cows are belly deep in it and I don't mean the green stuff. Oh by the way I hate mud.

Yep, some folks around here were barking about mud a few years ago. Now look what they got.

I hear ya! We got two inches of rain this weekend, have knee deep mud everywhere. Stayed dry yesterday but is pouring again today, they say it is here for the day...will change to snow tonight.
I am trying to get my house built, concrete trucks really tore up the drive back to the site Friday now it is just soup. Don't know how the rest of the materials will get back there without a dozer dragging the trucks in and out. What a mess.

Mud isn't here yet, we still are in the blizzard mode. :help: When we have the mud it's a HUGE pain. I use a skid steer loader, lots of traction with that baby. Still I got to work at it and feed on hilltops and whatever to get the cows fed. Frost usually goes out in about a week here so I don't have to tough out the real bad stuff to long.

I think if there was a mud puddle around here it'd have it's photo on the front page of the newspaper! Egads,it's dry.. You better stop complaning,you could get what we have!!

peg4x4":2k4ltezq said:
I think if there was a mud puddle around here it'd have it's photo on the front page of the newspaper! Egads,it's dry.. You better stop complaning,you could get what we have!!

Peg, you know these old cowfolk. Gotta have something to b*tch about!

I am getting ready to do the rain dance, myself. I have to have my little b*tch fest, too! :nod:

I do think you could feed them on concrete for a few days and they would make mud on top of it......

Keep moving them to a dry spot.

Angus Guy":3c9y6ibw said:
Don't get me wrong I like moisture. I just hate mud.

I would like to take this time to apologize for making fun of those who said that they were tired of the mud. I, too and tired of the med. I have had enough fun for three days, and I am ready for this rain to move on along and bless someone else.

Sincerely,
Lammie

1982vett":27341er1 said:
Angus Guy":27341er1 said:

Yep, some folks around here were barking about mud a few years ago. Now look what they got.

I wish I had mud problems, bet you do too 1982vett?

KNERSIE":2obc8yc1 said:
I wish I had mud problems, bet you do too 1982vett?
Been thinking about you since you made a comment about needing some rain in another thread. We are usually dry in late Summer and start catching rains going into Fall. Going into Spring dry is always a big concern. When Spring comes in dry, Summers can get really hot and dryer.

We are inside the circled area just barely in the green. Around 1 8/10ths of rain in the last 2 days. Nice and slow so we do have mud now but it's definitely not a problem. The ground was hard and dry so the top inch of dirt has turned to mush on top of soil that is as hard as concrete. Kind of like walking on fresh cow patties, got to watch or you end up on your bum. :lol2: Got kind of cold too, had gotten used to the 80f degree temps. Hasn't gotten above 39f all day. I've said I would take precipitation in any form so I'm happy. Just don't need any frost now.

Hope you get some relief soon too.

Latest posts