Mud boots.

Help Support CattleToday:

That's disgusting. My toes are so crooked, they look like they are throwing gang signs.

Bigfoot":3o8i0bd1 said:
That's disgusting. My toes are so crooked, they look like they are throwing gang signs.

Like this

1269777.jpg

LaCrosse Burly, I would never buy insulated boots either personally, last me for years and years. Tall enough to keep cow crap off your pant legs before going to work too.

I've spent a small fortune on them, they are the only thing that holds up to boys constantly walking through briars, riding motorcycles, and generally abusing the crap out of them. Have had one in just about every size. No other brand held up over a month.

They get passed from one boy to the other, then to a cousin, then to the next cousin and are still going strong.

My daughter bought me muck boots for Christmas. I've worn them just about every day because of the cow poop. I got in to prickly pear and thought I had ruined them. pulled out the needles and it appears they did not penetrate. Good boots.

Mdash those feet are so bad I think that I can even smell them through the computer screen!!! :cry:
Sadly, far too many elderly folks toes DO look like that!

branguscowgirl":2g4gqm5p said:
Mdash those feet are so bad I think that I can even smell them through the computer screen!!! :cry:
Sadly, far too many elderly folks toes DO look like that!

The first one is likely a Hobbit. That second one, I dunno

Dave":37yfsktz said:
Xratuf. I wear them daily from November through May. About $80-90 a pair. I generally get two years out of a pair. You might notice that any of the TV shows out of Alaska, if they are wearing rubber boots they are wearing Xtratufs.
Xtratuf changed about two years ago. I used to walk eleven miles a day seven days a week in them and went from a pair lasting at least six months to about six weeks all of a sudden. They would rip before I even got them broke in and they quit honoring the warranty on them shortly after that. Tingleys are very similar and are still a very good boot but a little harder to find. I have an almost new pair that I almost threw out because they remind me of dairies but they're just to comfortable to let go of.

cow pollinater":1ci95la7 said:
Dave":1ci95la7 said:
Xratuf. I wear them daily from November through May. About $80-90 a pair. I generally get two years out of a pair. You might notice that any of the TV shows out of Alaska, if they are wearing rubber boots they are wearing Xtratufs.
Xtratuf changed about two years ago. I used to walk eleven miles a day seven days a week in them and went from a pair lasting at least six months to about six weeks all of a sudden. They would rip before I even got them broke in and they quit honoring the warranty on them shortly after that. Tingleys are very similar and are still a very good boot but a little harder to find. I have an almost new pair that I almost threw out because they remind me of dairies but they're just to comfortable to let go of.

I wore a pair of tingly's for a while at the hog barn, but someone walked off with them, literally... :lol2:

Pretty comfy, but I didn't get to wear them long enough to preach on durability.
I these came from Grainger.

sim.-ang.king":89c207jy said:
I wear the servis or northern greenies all the time, they seem to work just fine. From hours standing on hog slats, to walking around the yard, to logging, and trapping.
Might buy a pair of mucks someday, but i'm pretty hard on rubber boots, and I don't want to be buying a new pair every year, or even every other year.
Been wearing three eyelet Northerner insulateds for years.Great boot.Warm in winter.Comfortable,too.A little pricey but I've had them along time.

I bought a good pair of Muck Boots with money from a Christmas gift a few years ago. GREAT boots but very hot if the temp is over 55-60 degrees. It's a shame to find out they may have supported the HSUS though.

cow pollinater":213n53pw said:
Dave":213n53pw said:

Hmmmm. Bad news. My present pair is just about shot and probably 2 years old. Now I am finding out that they somehow have changed.