Mud boots.

Help Support CattleToday:

fenceman

Reaction score
Don't need em much around here, but I can't stand wet feet. Seems like one's always got a hole in it. Last pair I bought at gander mountain, about 40.00. A lot for mud boots. But I noticed the sky's the limit. You can drop a few hundred on a pair in there, or anywhere in between. Anyone tried some of these "better quality" mud boots. Insulation is not a issue, but durability is.

We hog hunt quite a bit and with all this rain pretty much have to wear rubber boots every where we go. I wear a $30 pair. I have buddies that wear $150 pairs. From what I have seen the durability is the same. A stump or some thing sharp will ruin both in a heart beat. The benefits they get from the $150 pair is they are light weight, more flexable, and may be insulated.

If you are just stomping around feeding cattle, a $30 pair sill probably do imo. If you are running or wearing them 10-12 hrs a day, day in and day out, the $150 ones are nice.

I keep a pair of rubber boots in my truck at all times. Really saves you leather boots.

For me the comfort is the main thing. About a year is all I get out of any type of boot I wear daily.
For mud boots I love the Muck boots. They have all different types but I like the Wetland boot. Most comfortable boot I have found. I have friends that love the Lacrosse boots but they are not comfortable to me. I did try on some Bogs that felt good but they were more money, about $150 compared to the Muck for about a $100.

I wear Muck Boots every day, the original style is the best boot for folks with bad backs and feet. And LaCrosse make a real good non- insulated rubber boot.

I also have rubber insulated boots that I use for hunting only, but there bagged up waiting on deer season.

True Grit Farms":2rc5kr65 said:
I wear Muck Boots every day, the original style is the best boot for folks with bad backs and feet. And LaCrosse make a real good non- insulated rubber boot.

I also have rubber insulated boots that I use for hunting only, but there bagged up waiting on deer season.

I wear the lacrosse as well. Tough to beat for 75-80 bucks. good coverage, fairly rugged and even though not insulated, feet stay nice and warm.

True Grit Farms":301p6lfu said:

Imelda Marcus would be so jealous........

Lots of people around here wear the muck boots. I never have tried them. Best thing I've bought for the money is the $30 ones at tractor supply. The steel toed ones with the yellow on the bottom. I've worn them on the rig for 12 hours up to 15 hours a day and got 4-5 months out of them.

I wear the servis or northern greenies all the time, they seem to work just fine. From hours standing on hog slats, to walking around the yard, to logging, and trapping.
Might buy a pair of mucks someday, but i'm pretty hard on rubber boots, and I don't want to be buying a new pair every year, or even every other year.

sim.-ang.king":3o4d5ob4 said:
I wear the servis or northern greenies all the time, they seem to work just fine. From hours standing on hog slats, to walking around the yard, to logging, and trapping.
Might buy a pair of mucks someday, but i'm pretty hard on rubber boots, and I don't want to be buying a new pair every year, or even every other year.

Hard to Servis rubber boots for durability. For some reason my feet and back can't handle them, I've always thought it might be because of the loose ankle fit.

I bought me a nice pair from Cabelas for $120. If you buy the Cabelas brand they have a warranty on them. Sales man said it don't matter even if the dog chews them up bring them back and he would give me a new pair. Since finding this out I bought a pair of slip ones and a pair of hiking sneakers. All very comfortable and with the warranty very much worth the price.

I wore the LaCrosse Burly's for years, still like them. Good tough boot. I couldn't find any soon enough for a hunting trip a couple springs ago and bought a pair of the Muck boots, Edgewater or something like that was the model. I like them ok. The ankle doesn't fit as tight, but are quite a bit lighter I think. Be aware, the Mucks upper are not as tough as the LaCrosse. The Mucks have a foam ish material that does not stand a lot of sticks, briars, thorns, rough going, without chucking out some. Mine don't leak in those places yet but I could see it happening.

I've been following this thread. I've never owned a quality pair of rubber boots. I just buy the thin ones at Walmart or TSC. Toes get cold when it's down in the teens.

Bigfoot":2593y9nq said:
I've been following this thread. I've never owned a quality pair of rubber boots. I just buy the thin ones at Walmart or TSC. Toes get cold when it's down in the teens.

I have not owned the cheap rubber boots in years. Muck boots are really comfortable, lots of people like Lacrosse but I don't like the way they fit me.

fenceman":2h131e7a said:
Don't need em much around here, but I can't stand wet feet. Seems like one's always got a hole in it. Last pair I bought at gander mountain, about 40.00. A lot for mud boots. But I noticed the sky's the limit. You can drop a few hundred on a pair in there, or anywhere in between. Anyone tried some of these "better quality" mud boots. Insulation is not a issue, but durability is.

http://www.xtratufboots.com/category/me ... gacy-boots

Unfortunately these are the $150 boots (use to be about 40)....but you can wear them all day long every day and never have sore feet. More comfortable to me than leather boots. Use to wear nothing but these all day when I dairied. They have a very good arch support and fit snug around the ankle and last a long time. Not insulated so good for even Texas summers. I always wore the one with the shorter tops (10" I think they were) instead of the tall ones.

I like the muckboots but my favorite is the lacrosse steel toe that are purple with yellow toes. They are super durable and comfortable. The muckboots seem to get holes much easier. A lot of old timers in the oil patch wear the purple and yellows and that says a lot.

I hate that muck did that with hsus. That being said, they can't be beat. The pair I have now is 10 years old and I have worn the devil out of them. When they die, I'll buy another pair. J also have a an uninsulated pair of lacrosse that are dandies.

In my opinion you get what you pay for with footwear.

Xratuf. I wear them daily from November through May. About $80-90 a pair. I generally get two years out of a pair. You might notice that any of the TV shows out of Alaska, if they are wearing rubber boots they are wearing Xtratufs.

For some reason the Muck boots just don't last long for me. (Leaks)
This year I bought Bogs. So far they are comfortable.
The Nobles have good reveiws also for comfort.

This is what they wear in Mississippi

hobbit_feet.jpg

Latest posts