mucus discharge

Help Support CattleToday:

RICHARDL

Reaction score
I notice some, could be mucus discharge for one of my heifers vagina. Is this a sign of a heat cycle? or something i better pay close attention to. Seems like my little bull was staying close to her the day before. :cowboy:

If she's open - clearish mucus she's in heat - milky mucus she's going out of heat. In a couple of days you may notice some blood (small amount), all that indicates is that she was in heat a couple of days previous.

Thanks Dun, Yes she is open. That's what i was thinking becasue of the way my little bull was acting. But i'm glad to hear that is the proable cause. I want to say it was clear. thanks again :cowboy:

RICHARDL":b6zz0ncu said:
Thanks Dun, Yes she is open. That's what i was thinking becasue of the way my little bull was acting. But i'm glad to hear that is the proable cause. I want to say it was clear. thanks again :cowboy:
If the bull had access to her, depending on the bulls age, she may not be open any more.

RICHARDL":2tr7k2so said:
HA HA He is 14 months. not the best scenario but....... hey :cowboy:

Might want to seperate them and give her a shot of lute in a couple of weeks. Unless you intended him to breed her of course.

WORKING on that now. just about there too. after this weekend i'll be doing just that. whats lute? and i'd rather wait till may/june for breeding but i'm learning. i'll get there Just takes time & learning experiences
:cowboy:

PGF2, Lutalyse, causes the corpus luteum to regress which cuases a heat cycle

Latest posts