mucus discharge

Help Support CattleToday:

RICHARDL

Reaction score
I notice some, could be mucus discharge for one of my heifers vagina. Is this a sign of a heat cycle? or something i better pay close attention to. Seems like my little bull was staying close to her the day before. :cowboy:

dun

Reaction score
If she's open - clearish mucus she's in heat - milky mucus she's going out of heat. In a couple of days you may notice some blood (small amount), all that indicates is that she was in heat a couple of days previous.

OP
R

RICHARDL

Reaction score
Thanks Dun, Yes she is open. That's what i was thinking becasue of the way my little bull was acting. But i'm glad to hear that is the proable cause. I want to say it was clear. thanks again :cowboy:

dun

Reaction score
RICHARDL":b6zz0ncu said:
Thanks Dun, Yes she is open. That's what i was thinking becasue of the way my little bull was acting. But i'm glad to hear that is the proable cause. I want to say it was clear. thanks again :cowboy:
If the bull had access to her, depending on the bulls age, she may not be open any more.

dun

Reaction score
RICHARDL":2tr7k2so said:
HA HA He is 14 months. not the best scenario but....... hey :cowboy:

Might want to seperate them and give her a shot of lute in a couple of weeks. Unless you intended him to breed her of course.

OP
R

RICHARDL

Reaction score
WORKING on that now. just about there too. after this weekend i'll be doing just that. whats lute? and i'd rather wait till may/june for breeding but i'm learning. i'll get there Just takes time & learning experiences
:cowboy:

dun

Reaction score
PGF2, Lutalyse, causes the corpus luteum to regress which cuases a heat cycle

Latest posts