MSU TCF REVOLUTION 4R

Help Support CattleToday:

Spartan":nvz1d20l said:
Herefords.US":nvz1d20l said:
smnherf":nvz1d20l said:
Has he been or his mother been tested for IE?

I was wondering when/if someone would ask that question! And I was sure hoping Genex would have had the good sense to have tested the bull before putting out his semen everywhere.

George

His mother has been tested for IE and she is negative. The test was done at Agri Genomics in IL. I am not sure why its not posted on the web, but i am currently looking into that.

That's good to know! It's hard to believe that these bull studs wouldn't just test ALL their bulls for IE and DL and have the AHA designate them as IEF and DLF on their website - just to ease everyone's mind.

And welcome to the CT Boards as well, Michelle! Do YOU also know the Spartan Salute? :lol2: I actually enjoy dealing with "college kids". I usually have a couple working for me in my retail store. They keep the place lively!

Brian asked a number of other questions that I'd like to see the answer to, as well!

George

Doing a search on Revolution I came across this conversation and looking back I find it hilarious to see some of the comments made on this bull. Revolution has only turned into one of the most used AI bulls and as a breeder that has had calves out of him we have had some impressive females and bulls out of him and are breeding him heavily once again this year too. I see Rausch Herefords mentioned in some of the posts, if you have followed their bull sales the past few years the Revolution bulls have sold very well for them so any early doubts about how this bull would perform have been proven false as we've seen his progeny excel. His birthweight EPD has gone up a little but I would suspect that is because as widely as he's been used it has gone up due to breeders trying to bring down birth weights breeding him to cows known to throw big calves. Most of our Revolution calves have been in the 70-80 lb range, even the "heavy" ones have not topped 90. I think this bull will be one that leaves a long lasting mark on the breed when it is all said and done.