Mr. Curtis

Help Support CattleToday:

john250":hzbqc4yk said:
Anyone have a link to an obit? I cannot say I knew the man, but I'd like to know his story.

John, he was a retired lineman. He had worked on a lot of the big electric lines on the medal poles. You would have liked him. He had a grandson that he was so proud of because he loved hunting and fishing.
Curtis called me a couple of weeks ago after I started having back problems and we talked for an hour. He told me that he had rented a JD700 dozer and was running it day and night clearing some land. Was also building a fish pond for his family. Sure seemed happy.
I will miss him.

It is odd how close you get with some of the people you meet here at Cattle Today. Some I talk to every day and some only a couple of times a year but I consider all of them friends.
Even Angus Cowman. :lol2:

Saddens me to hear of this.Had several friendly chats with Curtis and he was a fine man.
Prayers go out to his Family.

Cal

What a shock... Was wondering where the emails were. We kept in touch a few times a week.We've lost some darn good folks on here. Hope the family will have a way of knowing all of his friends send their condolences.

upfrombottom":1dqpr02g said:
curtis, Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:28 am, Last visited: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:13 am

For those of you that knew him, Mr. Curtis passed away Thursday March 31, 2011. I knew him most

all of my life and he was a fine fellow. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

upfrombottom, is there any way that after a while you could see that the family see the posts here? I think they would be pleased to know about some of the friends he had.

I'm shocked and saddened by his passing, he was a fine man. His family will be in my prayers.

Sad news indeed, never knew him, he was kind of the guy who earned respect by not being outspoken on every topic.

Oh my goodness! I had no idea. And even though I didn't know him personally, his responses to me were always full of wit, wisdom and humor. He was great. I wish I'd had the chance to know him.

Rest in peace. :heart:

Wow....what a shock. I had spoken to him several times as he had just started to buy some Red Poll cattle. He will be missed

Does anyone know how he died? The obituary said "suddenly", and I guess it certainly was if he was clearing land. How awful for his family. I just hate that.

An update
Jed found a little more details on how Mr Curtis passed away

Mr Curtis had signed up and was attending an AI school last wednesday, thursday and friday, something he was very excited about doing but also had concerns because of his carpal tunnel
the last time we had talked he was telling me abut signing up for the class
He attended the school wednesday and thrusday and had returned home that evening to feed his dog and while doing so had a massive Heart attack and was taken to the Hospital in Memphis but he died enroute

I will say I hope that when it is my time to go it can be quick like his was and also that I can be doing something I love as much as he was when he passed

One of the regrets I have is that Mr Curtis never got to bring his grandson up to go turkey hunting it was something we had discussed the last time we visited and I know I would have enjoyed the visit

God Bless
You are missed greatly my Friend

AC Curtis had pm'ed me about a month ago about taking the class wondering if he could AI with his carpal tunnel. I told him to try it, where there was a want to there was a way. Glad to no he took the class, sorry he didn't get to use it.

Sorry I couldn't get back sooner, and regret not being able to attend the funeral or visitation. I intend to go by and see the family soon and will find a way to make sure they know about the comments that were made here and how they can see them. He truly will be missed.

I've visited this site several times in the past few years,and found it very help full and often funny.The other day I stumbled upon this thread,Curtis was my father,and I would to say thank you for all the comments,thoughts and prayers.

RS Bledsoe":ffotnqi1 said:
I've visited this site several times in the past few years,and found it very help full and often funny.The other day I stumbled upon this thread,Curtis was my father,and I would to say thank you for all the comments,thoughts and prayers.

Welcome to Cattle Today and thanks for the update. Also my condolences on the loss of your father.

RS Bledsoe":1rvx52dp said:
He had a wonderful wit about him that kept me with a constant smile...had many PM's from him the short time I knew him. Great guy. !!!!!!

RS Bledsoe":203vpzyk said:
Welcome to the boards RS..I used to like the pm's I had with your Dad, and he often made me laugh, and his serious side in helpfulness was an inspiration, he is sadly missed.

RS Bledsoe":3rljoh0w said:
I live just down the road from forrest city, I didn't know him till we met on here. I think of him quite often. Funny thing when he worked for AP&L in Marianna it was right in front of my house where I grew up.

Latest posts