Mozart

Help Support CattleToday:

City Guy

Reaction score
I know there must be some Mozart fans among you. This December 4th marked the 225th anniversary of his death in 1791, just a few weeks before his 36th birthday. In those few years he managed to write more that 800 pieces of music using only a quill pen and ink. Two hundred or so of those pieces are each so good that had he only written one of them his immortality would have been assured. For example, his last three symphonies, #s 39, 40 and 41 (all written in the summer of 1788) are considered by many to be the best symphonies of the classical period. His opera "Don Giovanni" has been called the "perfect opera" and along with "The Marriage of Figaro" and "The Magic Flute" would be on anyone's top ten list. During the final year of his life he wrote my favorite, "Concerto for Clarinet" and his last Piano Concerto as well as "The Magic Flute" and his only Requiem Mass.
Although he was a rock star in his time, he died penniless and was buried in a pauper's unmarked grave with no friends or family in attendance. It's location is unknown.

Not my type music although I can see how many love and appreciate it. I'm more of a "Classical Gas" by Mason Williams type.

Theme to the Lone Ranger is from the Overture to the opera "William Tell" by Rossini. Most of Mozart's music is not a good fit for film or TV although the second movement of his 21st Piano Concerto was the theme of a film named "Elvira Madigan". I have yet to meet anyone who actually saw it!

I forgot; that music the main character in "Shawshank Redemption" played over the PA was a duet from "The Marriage of Figaro".

Latest posts