Moving to New Mexico need advice!

Help Support CattleToday:

Hey SRR,

I happen to live in NM and there are lots of places that what you are looking to do would work. The only thing is the money. I live in the northeastern corner near the small town of Raton, which is further north than Las Vegas. Some of the areas suggested to you are very much turist traps and living in those areas is expensive, Santa fe, Taos, Angel Fire, Cloudcroft are all very turisty and land prices are high. Although ranch land period is getting hard to buy, in my little corner of the state we have had a lot of speculators come in and buy properties for outragous sums and hold them for as little as a few months to a couple years and turn around, resale them for huge profits. We have had three neighbors sale out withing the last couple years. One place brought close to 600 per acre another brought just 200.

Where ever you pick to land there will be good and bad places.

Good luck and if you are in the area drop me a note.
TDS

Well it looks like we are Silver City bound! We found a place that borders the 3.3 million ac. Gila national forest. Log home with solid barn and a good well with a stream that runs through the south end. Just received word last night that our offer was excepted.

I'll bet this is the end of you posting pix of those those big racks in the fall S.R.R. ! :lol:

What can you nail with that 45-70 down there?

Sorry to lose a good cattleman, but glad you found your place in the sun ! :D

S.R.R.":1vko9x03 said:
Well it looks like we are Silver City bound! We found a place that borders the 3.3 million ac. Gila national forest. Log home with solid barn and a good well with a stream that runs through the south end. Just received word last night that our offer was excepted.

Congratulations you lucky devils!!!! I too love New Mexico, something about it just gets under your skin. Post some pics when you get the time.

Latest posts