Moving starts

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
It has been a long time in coming. This has been the longest most drug out purchase/move that i have ever been involved with but tomorrow morning we start moving in. I will be on and off here during the move. And once everything is down there I might go black for a while. We are going to have to get satellite internet and I don't know how quickly or well that will work.

slick4591":w6if86zc said:
I envy your move to a beautiful new place, but I'd rather have my a$$ whooped than to move again.

I understand. When I sold out over on the coast it was a cash deal and they wanted us out way to quickly. Darn near killed me. We own this little place and don't plan to sell. So the move is going to be at a much slower pace. This trip tomorrow plus one next weekend with my boys will put all the household stuff there. The shop tools, tractors and cattle handling equipment can take a month getting there.

Good Luck with the move. Hope that you can do it in an orderly way and get things set up the way you want so you don't have to go back and redo it. Taking your time may seem to drag it out but if it is the way you want when you are done, you will be saving more in the long run.

Dave":2ebn4e66 said:
slick4591":2ebn4e66 said:
I envy your move to a beautiful new place, but I'd rather have my a$$ whooped than to move again.

I understand. When I sold out over on the coast it was a cash deal and they wanted us out way to quickly. Darn near killed me. We own this little place and don't plan to sell. So the move is going to be at a much slower pace. This trip tomorrow plus one next weekend with my boys will put all the household stuff there. The shop tools, tractors and cattle handling equipment can take a month getting there.

That's the way to do it, no deadlines. Hope all goes well.

Ken

Good luck on the move Dave. A pity some of us aren't closer that could help you move, but then, if we were closer, you probably wouldn't find the place nearly as attractive. :lol:

Good luck with the move. We have satellite internet and it's pretty good. Only time it gets spotty is during heavy winds, but that's to be expected. Beats the heck out of living in town and have solid internet.

I couldn't imagine moving from here.. we've accumulated SOOO much stuff, just the shop would fill a 53' trailer, and then we have all sorts of knick knacks, not particularly valuable but impossible to replace.. and the equipment, well.. lets not even go there!

Spent the first night there last night. Outside in the evening, absolute silence. This morning at daylight I walked out the driveway and down the road a bit. The only noise was the Redwing Black birds singing. When I left at 6:15 the neighbor had let 4 mares and foals out to eat the grass along the shoulder. Just eased by them. Cattle and horses on the road is to be expected. No big deal. Called and asked the neighbor to help unload a couple heavy items he was right there to lend a hand.
Back here this morning for another load (it was already on the flatbed trailer). I think there are 22 gates (16' to 4'), about 150 tee posts, 12 rolls of barb wire, and a few other things. I planned this as it is all stuff I can unload by hand. The heavier stuff will have to wait until I get my loader tractor down there.

Latest posts