Moving Confederate Statues

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot change the past - but you can learn from it. Denying the past creates trouble today and tomorrow.

You cannot control the future and it would be interesting to see what the people will say about us after we are all dead and gone.

You can only control the present. If one complains about those who are causing all the trouble they need to stop speaking and think for a minute or two. The people of today - for the most part are the way they are because of the way they were raised and taught.

So the vast majority of people who complain about it simply need to go and look in the mirror to see who caused the troubles of today.

Do not raise your children to be soft. Take them camping, make them do chores, teach them that many on the internet are not their friends but are indeed their enemies. Throw a ball to them. Eat at least one meal a day with them. Do not give them technology until they are old enough to pay for it themselves or at least 16. Do not let them ever have a cell phone at the table when eating. Teach them to read and to write because the schools are not doing that. Make them memorize the mathematics time tables. Actually talk to them. Remind them that more than half the world still does not have technology and relies upon the old ways to communicate. Tell them that teachers and professors are not always the good people that students are told they are. And most important - teach your kids to question everything that goes against the values they were raised with.

Do the above and your kids will be real and they will know how to work and sweat and they will excel at all they undertake. Teach them their country and their flag and their freedom is only there because much blood was spilled by patriots - so respect it! And protect it! Because if they do not they will eventually become prisoners within their own country.

Do all of this and they will appreciate the one thing that is always denigrated by modern media and educational facilities of all levels - the home and family.

We did that and we are being vindicated because I see the grandkids being raised in the same manner.

Those statues - of people long dead symbolize many things both good and bad today - but essentially all good and accepted in those times of old - and we are all part of it - so, like the statues that need protecting - protect the family - you will never regret this.

Best to all.

hurleyjd":2kyby65c said:
If true history was taught and not the sanitized version we now have then where would we be.

Humans cannot accurately compose a statement of what happened in the White House yesterday. I don't believe any recounts of history.

On the subject of not erasing history, I'd like to see a few statues erected here in the Good Ole U-S-of-A. Here's the beginning of my list, help out if you'd like to:
General Howe, British general that lost the Revolutionary War.
General Thomas Gage, preceded General Howe in the Revolutionary War
Sir George Prevost, chief military leader for the British during the War of 1812

Bestoutwest":2ery011p said:
On the subject of not erasing history, I'd like to see a few statues erected here in the Good Ole U-S-of-A. Here's the beginning of my list, help out if you'd like to:
Sir George Prevost, chief military leader for the British during the War of 1812

I'll speak for myself and can say that I would welcome ALL of US history acknowledge in some sort of fashion. It would be a great reminder of not repeating the bad.

slick4591":1o4gd29u said:
Bestoutwest":1o4gd29u said:

I'll speak for myself and can say that I would welcome ALL of US history acknowledge in some sort of fashion. It would be a great reminder of not repeating the bad.

x a million. We need to now all of the histories so we can HOPEFULLY be smart enough to learn from it

slick4591":3rz75mau said:
Bestoutwest":3rz75mau said:

So would you consider statues for the losers "Participation Statues?"

Bestoutwest":178gho8c said:
slick4591":178gho8c said:
Bestoutwest":178gho8c said:

Do you consider these 'participation statues'?

korean-war-veterans-memorial.jpg

ls.jpg

I guess next you will postulate we should raze the Alamo or put up a statue of Santa Anna in it's place?

(I believe it is one of those yankee states that has quite a homage to the self proclaimed Napoleon of the West--big wall portrait and his peg leg on display)
santaannasleg.jpg

greybeard":hwmwemx3 said:
Bestoutwest":hwmwemx3 said:
slick4591":hwmwemx3 said:

ls.jpg

Rather sobering monuments.

hurleyjd":3l6v5klq said:
If true history was taught and not the sanitized version we now have then where would we be.

Good question that's interesting to contemplate.

Another is, if told true history and supported by hard evidence, would we be able to accept it?

greybeard":3kj3s9c1 said:
Bestoutwest":3kj3s9c1 said:
slick4591":3kj3s9c1 said:

ls.jpg

I guess next you will postulate we should raze the Alamo or put up a statue of Santa Anna in it's place?

(I believe it is one of those yankee states that has quite a homage to the self proclaimed Napoleon of the West--big wall portrait and his peg leg on display)
santaannasleg.jpg

If you don't think the statues of confederate leaders weren't a big hip hip to the North and black folks you're kidding yourself. Putting a statue of a guy who wanted to form his own republic to keep people enslaved on the very tool they used to sell said people is pretty deep symbolism. Secondly, do you see any statues of Kennedy, Johnson or Nixon kicking around Vietnam? Where there any Hitler statues in East Germany? Saddam's was pulled down the second that they could.

Bestoutwest":3ul0eeb8 said:
greybeard":3ul0eeb8 said:
Bestoutwest":3ul0eeb8 said:

ls.jpg

santaannasleg.jpg

If you don't think the statues of confederate leaders weren't a big hip hip to the North and black folks you're kidding yourself. Putting a statue of a guy who wanted to form his own republic to keep people enslaved on the very tool they used to sell said people is pretty deep symbolism. Secondly, do you see any statues of Kennedy, Johnson or Nixon kicking around Vietnam? Where there any Hitler statues in East Germany? Saddam's was pulled down the second that they could.

What is the difference in 13 colonies or 13 states .
I guess you think this statement is like some streets one way.
If you truly believe in the document just like the bill of rights, they had every right to separate.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Any one watched the FREE STATE OF JONES movie about a Mississippi farmer named Newt Knight rebelling against the confederacy. Based on a true story.

hurleyjd":2q6mpof4 said:
Any one watched the FREE STATE OF JONES movie about a Mississippi farmer named Newt Knight rebelling against the confederacy. Based on a true story.

I didn't watch it because I don't like Matthew McConaughey. I think he is a poor actor and is self centered and shallow especially after I learned he - as a child - sued a friend of his mother who had sold her some product and they used it improperly and his face broke out in a rash which they claimed disfigured him for life. They sued for a lot of money only to lose when the defense attorney produced his high school yearbook showing him to be voted the best looking guy in high school and the picture was taken after they claimed the disfigurement. He admitted this in an interview and laughed about it saying it was worth a try. POS in my view and that mentality is what's wrong with the country today.

Glad to see that movie lost 50 cents on every dollar spent on production and hope it ends his "acting" career.

Caustic Burno":u19tn71g said:
Bestoutwest":u19tn71g said:
greybeard":u19tn71g said:
santaannasleg.jpg

What is the difference in 13 colonies or 13 states .
I guess you think this statement is like some streets one way.
If you truly believe in the document just like the bill of rights, they had every right to separate.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

I wholeheartedly agree with a state's right to separate. I wish California would. The north should have let the south go, it would have saved countless lives, minimized destruction, and they could have ruined them economically to show their might. But I believe they were afraid of the precedence it would have shown. Plus, the north was greedy and didn't to give up its territory.

Bestoutwest":1vhzvki3 said:
I wholeheartedly agree with a state's right to separate. I wish California would. The north should have let the south go, it would have saved countless lives, minimized destruction, and they could have ruined them economically to show their might. But I believe they were afraid of the precedence it would have shown. Plus, the north was greedy and didn't to give up its territory.

Best, experts in constitutional law and the SCOTUS have consistently held that States DO NOT have the right to secede from the Union. If that is your opinion so be it but it is not shared by the SCOTUS.

Did anyone profit from the Civil War? Who funded the war debt?

What legislation instigated the War, was a reaction predictable?

If we are going to suggest that the war monuments are solely about thumbing our noses at black people because of slavery, maybe we should actually look into who was deeply involved in slavery? True history is sometimes hard to swallow.

Where those that stood to profit from the War, in any way associated to those involved in the slave trade?

Do these men trace there roots to being Southern "White" men?

Ever read the Talmud? How is it different than the Old Testament or the Torah? Can a people with history of being a cult ever pervert another religion and call themselves something they truly aren't? Not possible? Have you ever traced the history of the Ashkenazi tribes?

Why is it possible to talk about the origins and actions of some peoples but not others?

Have you ever read the Talmud?

"Just the Jews are humans, the non-Jews are no humans, but cattle" Kerithuth 6b, page 78, Jebhammoth 61

"The non-Jews have been created to serve the Jews as slaves" Midrasch Talpioth 225

"Sexual intercourse with non-Jews is like sexual intercourse with animals" Kethuboth 3b

"The birth rate of non-Jews has to be suppressed massively" Zohar 11,4b

"As you replace lost cows and donkeys, so you shall replace non-Jews" Lore Dea 377, 1

Is real history hard to swallow?

Status
Not open for further replies.