Moving Confederate Statues

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bright Raven":2w2hfooi said:
Bestoutwest":2w2hfooi said:
I wholeheartedly agree with a state's right to separate. I wish California would. The north should have let the south go, it would have saved countless lives, minimized destruction, and they could have ruined them economically to show their might. But I believe they were afraid of the precedence it would have shown. Plus, the north was greedy and didn't to give up its territory.

Best, experts in constitutional law and the SCOTUS have consistently held that States DO NOT have the right to secede from the Union. If that is your opinion so be it but it is not shared by the SCOTUS.

It is not about right it is about power and money, always has been and always will be. The hypocrisy is thick the same argument the colonies used to separate from England didn't hold water to separate from each other.

Caustic Burno":3g9nuo4l said:
Bright Raven":3g9nuo4l said:
Bestoutwest":3g9nuo4l said:
I wholeheartedly agree with a state's right to separate. I wish California would. The north should have let the south go, it would have saved countless lives, minimized destruction, and they could have ruined them economically to show their might. But I believe they were afraid of the precedence it would have shown. Plus, the north was greedy and didn't to give up its territory.

Best, experts in constitutional law and the SCOTUS have consistently held that States DO NOT have the right to secede from the Union. If that is your opinion so be it but it is not shared by the SCOTUS.

It is not about right it is about power and money, always has been and always will be. The hypocrisy is thick the same argument the colonies used to separate from England didn't hold water to separate from each other.

Well said and as you put that, I agree. But Best used the word state's "right". They don't have the right as granted by the Constitution. As you say, money and power is what forced our Colonial fathers to capitulate. Plus a good dose of determination!

TennesseeTuxedo":2q2k6zrn said:
Do I hear the unmistakable click of a Masterlock being snapped shut?

Point illustrated. Yet all of it historically accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts