Movies that glorify bad guys

Help Support CattleToday:

Little Cow

Reaction score
The Batman movie coming out today.....

They expect violence because of the Colorado shooting during the last one. They EXPECT it. Yet, the movie studio only 'scaled back' their events at the opening. They could have opened at less theaters or had less show times. They could have done a staggered opening. They could opened at smaller theaters. They could pay for extra police hours all over the country.

Nope. It's all about the money. They don't really care if people are at risk. This isn't a noble movie or an important movie. It's garbage. It's a villain glorifying, nonsense type movie. Yes, it's their right to do it, but just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Warner Bros, if anyone gets hurt tonight, it's blood on your collective hands.

In the nearest suburb to us, the mall with the most problems with violence has 18 showings tonight. :bang:

This is like blaming a distiller for a drunk driver. Or a gun for some mass murderer. Liquor stores don't cause people to rob them. Trailer parks don't attract tornadoes. Soccer games don't cause riots.
Movies don't hurt people. people hurt people.

Little Cow said:

They expect violence because of the Colorado shooting during the last one. They EXPECT it. Yet, the movie studio only 'scaled back' their events at the opening. They could have opened at less theaters or had less show times. They could have done a staggered opening. They could opened at smaller theaters. They could pay for extra police hours all over the country.

Nope. It's all about the money. They don't really care if people are at risk. This isn't a noble movie or an important movie. It's garbage. It's a villain glorifying, nonsense type movie. Yes, it's their right to do it, but just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Warner Bros, if anyone gets hurt tonight, it's blood on your collective hands.

In the nearest suburb to us, the mall with the most problems with violence has 18 showings tonight. :bang:

Indoctrination is working.

I assume we are referring to The Joker movie.

I haven't seen the movie, but I plan to. I'm guessing it's no worse than a lot of other movies out there, which doesn't make things better, but I'm wondering why the controversy. Is it because people assumed it had the same feel of many other DC and Marvel movies, but it's more like a horror movie? I don't know.

I've seen horror movies on streaming services that aren't fit for man nor beast. If people are looking for a movie to give them an excuse to go crazy, there are plenty out there. Actually, crazy people could claim The Wizard of Oz or the Andy Griffith Show drove them to do evil.

I'll see it soon and report back.

The "controversy" was created for just what's happening here. Its PR to get folks talking about it and many will go see it out of curiosity.

Charles Manson was inspired by the Beatles white album. Never under estimate the power of an idiot.

shaz said:
Charles Manson was inspired by the Beatles white album. Never under estimate the power of an idiot.

We just have more of them today!
It's simple math,1% of the population is
sociopaths according to statistics I read.
If the population was 200 mil in 1960 gave us 200k, it's 320 mil+ today that's 320k nuts. That's a lot of crazy folks running the streets easily radicalized.

herofan said:

I haven't seen the movie, but I plan to. I'm guessing it's no worse than a lot of other movies out there, which doesn't make things better, but I'm wondering why the controversy. Is it because people assumed it had the same feel of many other DC and Marvel movies, but it's more like a horror movie? I don't know.

I've seen horror movies on streaming services that aren't fit for man nor beast. If people are looking for a movie to give them an excuse to go crazy, there are plenty out there. Actually, crazy people could claim The Wizard of Oz or the Andy Griffith Show drove them to do evil.

Trailers look fantastic. The main actor has always been under rated.

Climate change is this generations Mein Kamf. Indoctrination and radicalizing truly works . Japan and Germany both did it in the 30's, we are doing it today.
The one constant in history is it always ends badly for that nation. We are in a cold civil war right now be easily turned hot by a few nuts.

For those going tonight....be careful. FBI has an alert about chatter. We don't really go to theaters much anymore. Too many crazy people.

First reviews I read panned it.

I think a person has to be crazy for a movie to drive them to violence. I do find it psychologically intriguing, however, than even most of us normal people are entertained by violence.

Sure, this Joker movie may not be our cup of tea, but who hasn't enjoyed a Clint Eastwood or John Way movie where people are getting shot and killed, even if it is fake?

Clint's spaghetti westerns were considered violent for their day, and there are a few scenes that still make me cringe, but I apparently enjoy it, because I've always considered myself a huge fan.

I know violent movies aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I'm sure a lot of "normal" people are viewers. I just find that interesting. I watched all these movies over the years, and it's never driven me to violence.

I'm just tired of shootings. We have to get better about keeping crazy people from getting guns. I feel safer where we live because a lot of ex-military have CCLs around here. I know they're packing at church. But, dang, there's got to be a better way. I substitute teach. Seems like there's a dang target in our backs at school.

And, I wish Hollywood would take responsibility. They could heed an FBI warning and make it safer for people.

greybeard said:
This is like blaming a distiller for a drunk driver. Or a gun for some mass murderer. Liquor stores don't cause people to rob them. Trailer parks don't attract tornadoes. Soccer games don't cause riots.
Movies don't hurt people. people hurt people.
i was hanging in there with you, till you got to the trailer parks.. :cowboy:

shaz said:
herofan said:

He was in Gladiator, one of the best movies ever. Check it out if you haven't already.

herofan said:
I think a person has to be crazy for a movie to drive them to violence. I do find it psychologically intriguing, however, than even most of us normal people are entertained by violence.

Sure, this Joker movie may not be our cup of tea, but who hasn't enjoyed a Clint Eastwood or John Way movie where people are getting shot and killed, even if it is fake?

Clint's spaghetti westerns were considered violent for their day, and there are a few scenes that still make me cringe, but I apparently enjoy it, because I've always considered myself a huge fan.

I know violent movies aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I'm sure a lot of "normal" people are viewers. I just find that interesting. I watched all these movies over the years, and it's never driven me to violence.
didn't bother us back then because ,we figured they needed killing anyway..just like when we seen John Wayne get killed in the Cowboys..we were all ready to watch Bruce Dern get his comeuppance..

ohiosteve said:
shaz said:
herofan said:

He was in Gladiator, one of the best movies ever. Check it out if you haven't already.

Joaquin Phoenix is a brilliant actor and he absolutely killed it in Gladiator as Commodus. He also did a great job portraying Johnny Cash. I expect his Joker will be outstanding.

Little Cow said:

They expect violence because of the Colorado shooting during the last one. They EXPECT it.

Yes, it's their right to do it, but just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

FWIW, my suggestion would be, don't go to see it.

Its kinda like Howard Stern, many years ago I couldn't stand that guy's radio program. In my opinion it was nothing but perverted garbage. So...….. I didn't listen to it. Just because I thought it was trash and should not be aired didn't mean that it was trash and shouldn't be aired. I had many friends who loved his show. That was their right to listen. It was my right to change the radio station.

Workinonit Farm said:
Little Cow said:

They expect violence because of the Colorado shooting during the last one. They EXPECT it.

Yes, it's their right to do it, but just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

FWIW, my suggestion would be, don't go to see it.

Its kinda like Howard Stern, many years ago I couldn't stand that guy's radio program. In my opinion it was nothing but perverted garbage. So...….. I didn't listen to it. Just because I thought it was trash and should not be aired didn't mean that it was trash and shouldn't be aired. I had many friends who loved his show. That was their right to listen. It was my right to change the radio station.

I'm like that with crude comedians, anyone can be crude, but to be clean and funny, only true comedians can pull that off. I just turn it off and find something better to do with my time.

Well, I went to the theater last night and saw The Joker with my son. It was a new origin of the Joker. There was a Batman connection, but he wasn't in the movie. Bruce Wayne was a youngster in this movie.

I really don't know what to say. Yes, it had some killing, and they weren't particularly visually pleasant, but it was far from the worst movie I've ever seen in that regard. I've actually seen things on Netflix that are worse. There is a show called The Punisher, which is a vigilante, that has more gore than this movie.

It's like mentioned earlier how everyone was ready for Bruce Dern to get his comeuppance when he killed John Wayne. In this movie, there was a scene with some well-to-do bullies in the subway, and he handed them their butt.

The theater wasn't packed. I don't know if that was due to people staying away because of the negativity or if people just weren't interested. The actor did a fine job, but It wasn't the greatest movie I've ever seen. I'm just saying all this from the standpoint of a regular person. I can't speak to how it might affect a crazy person. To me, it was just another movie.

Latest posts