Moved Cows to My "Creep"

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I moved some of the cows and calves to my "creep" feed today- down onto the fall pasture and stubble fields....Calves should really start putting on some weight...

Chezney064.jpg

Had a hard time getting Lazy Bar B Leinie (sire: Whitney Creek Bannon 730T) and mother to move..She became too big a pet, after I warmed her up- and had her in the corral a few days after I found her on a 27 Below chill factor morning...She isn't going to be pretty- no ears and missing 1/2 her tail- but she seems to have the ability to grow....

Chezney065-1.jpg

Trailing down some of the cows to get them gathered- and moved...My white "herdmarker" calves sure show up....

Chezney068.jpg

Whitney Creek Legacy 729T bull calf out of Lead On X Double Rito 525 EAR cow.....

Chezney069.jpg

Same calf- probably the best bull calf on the place...Doesn't look bad for a March 20th calf...The wind was blowing something terrible- and I had a hard time holding the camera steady....

Chezney066.jpg

The Prime Time sons (out of the heifers) are a little slower muscling out- but growing good...This is a Prime Time D806 son out of the Cole Creek Juanada 94U heifer...

Chezney072.jpg

The coming two year old heifers are looking good- heres a couple I got from Whitney Creek...This is W C R Floret 830 U- a Cole Creek Juanada Lad 81 T daughter....

Chezney077.jpg

W C R Mary 845U- a Bannon of Wye daughter

Chezney084.jpg

When I got home a few raindrops were falling- and the storm clouds were building to the south and east out over the wheat hay bales.....Now have thunderstorm warnings out for the night....

Edit: To work for me on my place they need more substance. Nice enough calves otherwise.

Latest posts