Moved and have tentatively opted to change my whole life..

Help Support CattleToday:

Closed on the place yesterday before noon and all went well. No longer a refugee, but a hitch came up on moving in. Wife had an episode with chest pains last night just before dark and we spent all night in the ER in Killeen while they checked her out, and released her just before dawn this morning with orders for 'no physical activity for 3 days' so we will hire the local move-in from storage to the house. She's ok, they did ekg and Xray and 3 different enzyme checks and said no evidence of heart attack but it scared us both. I'm used to cardiac flareups but not with her.

Closed on the place yesterday before noon and all went well. No longer a refugee, but a hitch came up on moving in. Wife had an episode with chest pains last night just before dark and we spent all night in the ER in Killeen while they checked her out, and released her just before dawn this morning with orders for 'no physical activity for 3 days' so we will hire the local move-in from storage to the house. She's ok, they did ekg and Xray and 3 different enzyme checks and said no evidence of heart attack but it scared us both. I'm used to cardiac flareups but not with her.

I'm glad she's okay, but hiring movers would have been a good thing even if that hadn't happened. I'm younger than you are, but my daughter is moving at the end of this month and I've already told her I'd help with boxes and small things, but my days of hauling heavy furniture up and down steps is over.

I'm glad she's okay, but hiring movers would have been a good thing even if that hadn't happened. I'm younger than you are, but my daughter is moving at the end of this month and I've already told her I'd help with boxes and small things, but my days of hauling heavy furniture up and down steps is over.
Yeh, I've had my share of moving daughters.

Ken

Just wanted you to know that several friends on a forum you no longer frequent said to say hello and best wishes. I mentioned that you had decided to quit the cattle and move away from the beaver infested, wet and over watered farm you and your wife were on and take time to go somewhere to fish that wouldn't come up to your back porch everytime it rained. They all said they missed your posts and hoped that you enjoyed having some time to do things that didn't require fixing fences or shooting beavers....and to stop in and post a hello....
I too really enjoy GB's posts. Hope he'll continue to share.

I hope to continue a presence here at CT. I have a full plate right now, getting the new abode 'put together' and some outside repair projects done. Health isn't great, as loading and unloading x2 in less than 30days took a lot out of me and I'm beat down. Something seriously wrong in my spine, neck and hip/upper thigh and find myself now walking with a cane and my head feels like it weighs 50 lbs and neck doesn't want to hold it up. Awful pain in my hip and thigh tho. Goes away the instant I lay down or get in a vehicle and I can stretch my right leg out. All coming from bad spine tho. Pretty sure my oem warranty is long expired.
But, I'll be around till the big man upstairs says otherwise.

I hope to continue a presence here at CT. I have a full plate right now, getting the new abode 'put together' and some outside repair projects done. Health isn't great, as loading and unloading x2 in less than 30days took a lot out of me and I'm beat down. Something seriously wrong in my spine, neck and hip/upper thigh and find myself now walking with a cane and my head feels like it weighs 50 lbs and neck doesn't want to hold it up. Awful pain in my hip and thigh tho. Goes away the instant I lay down or get in a vehicle and I can stretch my right leg out. All coming from bad spine tho. Pretty sure my oem warranty is long expired.
But, I'll be around till the big man upstairs says otherwise.

That sounds similar to something I had going on 15 or so years ago. I had a weird numbing pain going down my left arm that completely disappeared when I'd lay down, or even sit back in a recliner with my head supported. They finally figured out that I had a bone spur in my neck pressing on a nerve going to my left arm.

They did surgery on it and the symptoms went away immediately. They went in from the front, and had to remove some good bone to get to the bone spur, so they put in some cadaver bone to replace the good part. Then they added a butterfly-shaped titanium plate with four titanium scres to hold it in place (I have to be real careful now about what kind of scanners I go through at the airport). The worst part after that was getting over the sore throat from the respirator.

Dolphin is for above ground only and a few
smaller in ground pools. Won't climb and clean vertical walls either

GB,
I've used a Zodiac G3 for years. Mine runs year round and I replace it every 2-3 yrs. Works well if you don't have steps or ladder in your pool. They state it will work around steps but I have to occasionally jump start it out of the corner by steps.

Just looked back at the picture of your pool. Was that a diving pool with a deep end? If so the G3 may not work for you. Hope you find something that works because if you have to clean it manually, you just thought you cussed those beavers. It will attract relatives tho! Lol.

Hope you and your bride spend many happy and relaxing years in your new home!

Thats commonly called a diving pool. Think they have made the boards against the law to install any longer. Here's a math problem for you. Calculate how many yards of fill sand or dirt it will take to backfill and create a garden. Keep that answer handy because you will think seriously about it in the coming years Thought I recognized the return ladder.

I cringe every time I read about moving because we may be moving but no negotiations with the in-laws have started. We have done a fine job of gathering stuff while here that I dread the job. We're still living like we're staying here but there are a few things that need done and having an answer would make things better.

GB, my wife had a Zodiac in her pool in a place she sold several years ago. She liked it a lot compared to the ones attached to the filtration system. It just has a lead attached to it and its own basket to catch the debris, no long cumbersome vacuum hose. It did a good no hassle job.

Ken