mounting a leon dozer blade

Help Support CattleToday:

krob

Reaction score
I just acquired a leon 660 dozer blade. Can anyone help with mounting instructions? I'm wanting to mount it on my Case 1175. I think I have the front figured out, but I'm not sure how it mounts to the drawbar. Pictures would be great if anyone has one mounted.

I can't find any pictures online, but it looks like you'll need some sort of adaptor that bolts to your drawbar and attaches to the back of the adjustable tube that runs lengthwise under the tractor. I'd shoot Leon an email and see what they say. Shouldn't be a hard part to fab yourself from the looks of it.

If I remember right I had to weld a bar to the drawbar, end to end, and then the cone shaped piece that the pin goes through gets bolted to that. It needs to be set up so most all the pressure, when using the dozer, goes to the drawbar. So the front that slides in should have a little bit of space. The guy that manufactures them is a good guy to talk to if you can find his number. I used to have it but I don't know where to even begin looking for it now.

I can't find any pictures online, but it looks like you'll need some sort of adaptor that bolts to your drawbar and attaches to the back of the adjustable tube that runs lengthwise under the tractor. I'd shoot Leon an email and see what they say. Shouldn't be a hard part to fab yourself from the looks of it.
I found a few pictures online, but nothing close enough to tell exactly. I emailed Leon and they responded with a phone call, but wouldn't help me unless I purchased the mounting kit, which I don't need, at 3 x what i paid for the whole set up. they did send me an owners manual, which all it contained was a parts list.
from pictures I've seen it looks like it mounts to the front of the drawbar where it attaches to belly of tractor, but I can't tell for sure. That's why I was hoping someone had one that I could see a picture of or even a diagram.

If I remember right I had to weld a bar to the drawbar, end to end, and then the cone shaped piece that the pin goes through gets bolted to that. It needs to be set up so most all the pressure, when using the dozer, goes to the drawbar. So the front that slides in should have a little bit of space. The guy that manufactures them is a good guy to talk to if you can find his number. I used to have it but I don't know where to even begin looking for it now.
Ned, I appreciate the info. Do you remember if you mounted the front to the frame or front axle? I'm going to attach a pic that shows one mounted to the front axle, but that seems a little sketchy to me. Also, from pictures I've been able to find, it looks like the rear hooked in where the drawbar attaches to belly of tractor. Does that seem correct, or are you saying it connected more towards the rear of the drawbar? Thanks again.

Attachments

• img.jpg leon dozer mount.jpg
    img.jpg leon dozer mount.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 14
Looks like mine is a lot different. Mine does attach to the frame instead of the front axle. My tractor isn't here right now or I'd take a picture. I hope to get is home this week. The piece the pin goes through is welded to the back of the drawbar. So it's going forward from it. I'm wondering if you bought yours used if that piece could still be on the tractor it used to be on...??? Yours might be totally different too, I can't think how mine would work if it was hooked to the front axle. Doesn't seem like the way it hooks in back would allow for the flex you'd get hooked to the front axel.

Ned is correct. If you attach the mounts to the front axle, it's going to need a pivot point at the rear attachment point as the blade is going to follow the path of the front axle. I'd rather see it attached to the tractor frame up front and a more secure attachment at back to bear the rearward forces generated by the blade. If mounted this way, the blade will follow the path of the rear axle and will not flex with the front end - and it should be considerably stronger with less stress on your tractor's front axle.

thanks everyone. I took Ned's advice and got ahold of Leon Mfg. They were excellent and sent me there shop plans to build all the attachment parts for their mounts specific to my tractor. I am a little concerned about the front being attached to the front axle, but that's there engineering details. With the rigidity of the push pole being attached to the drawbar, I don't think there will be any pressure on the axle. I'll just have to try it and see how it reacts, especially the pivot of front axle. If I don't feel comfortable I'll attach to frame some how.