Mountai Cur Puppy

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT

Reaction score
I got me a mountain cur pup back about 3 weeks ago. I had told a man that I knew from my days of coon hunting that I thought I might like to get me a cur to try and do some squirrel hunting. He came by the house and told me he had a littler out of some real good tree dogs and a good blood line and that he had gave them their shots and wormed them and had 26.00 in each one and that is what he would let me have my pick of any of the males, was only one female and he was keeping her, I thought not much to invest so why not try it. I worked him one time on a caged coon and today on a squirrel that got hit, he seems to be a smart puppy that likes to hunt and is treeing pretty good just turned 5 months old on 4-19-17. I wish I had and older dog to hunt him with I think he has it in him but you never know.

I used to live to coon hunt and I love to squirrel hunt with a good dog.
Looks like he is on his way.
This my little girl takes a lot of time in the woods to make a really good squirrel dog.

I thought mountain curs where a Ky thing. Yours seems like he'd like treein something. Most I've seen wouldn't chase a car much less a squirrel.

Caustic Burno":2v4zcsc1 said:
This my little girl takes a lot of time in the woods to make a really good squirrel dog.
looks like she know how to tree and looks good doing it . Is she a Feist or Jack Russell ?

Bigfoot":1mv2bdnv said:
I thought mountain curs where a Ky thing. Yours seems like he'd like treein something. Most I've seen wouldn't chase a car much less a squirrel.
There is several kind of curs. a lot of the coon hunters I use to hunt with are switching to curs they are a lot easer to handle and you can hunt in closer with them. They will squirrel hunt them in day time and coon hunt them at night. We will see how it works out for years I coon hunted some times 5 nights a week but a lot of the hounds got so high strung they were hard to hunt if you did not have several miles of land.

BRYANT":14wmw76i said:
Caustic Burno":14wmw76i said:
looks like she know how to tree and looks good doing it . Is she a Feist or Jack Russell ?
Jack Russell. My dad always liked cur dog for coon and squirrel hunting.
He had one of you put standers out would run deer, was a good squirrel dog and a great coon dog.
I used to have a pair of Redbones to coon hunt with but I was much younger as well.

Latest posts