moultrie trail cam

Help Support CattleToday:

TB521

Reaction score
My father in law has a moultrie trail cam that does not take night time pictures I was messing with it today and it gives you 3 options traile cam hybrid cam and plot cam he had it on trail cam I changed it to hybrid just thought I would ask if anyone knows anything about them

TB521":1s1igb2h said:
My father in law has a moultrie trail cam that does not take night time pictures I was messing with it today and it gives you 3 options traile cam hybrid cam and plot cam he had it on trail cam I changed it to hybrid just thought I would ask if anyone knows anything about them

I have a 5 gallon bucket, or more of moultree cams. They are decent for a while, but always end up crapping out. Usually night time pics are the first to go. Not sure who makes a good one, but it ain't them.

This one has never taken a night picture I assumed it was set for day time only I use to have one that worked good till some trespassers thought they needed it more then I did

This one has never taken a night picture I assumed it was set for day time only I use to have a moultrie that worked good till some trespassers thought they needed it more then I did

The best I'veused for a reasonable price are Cuddebak. Easy to set, take good pictures, batterys last a long time. The only problem is the ones I have don;t have a fitting for a tripod, just a strap.

What model is it? Probably need to reed the pamphlet, but there's a chance it' not working correctly. I have more than one Moultrie, and though they all work, there's a wide gap in quality between models.
Ove the last few years, Cuddebacks have lost much of their reputation. Still a decent mid range camera, but not top quality anymore. Reconyx is about as good as it gets now, with a few other top end names that just aren't quite a popular.

We bought 4 Browning cameras this year and are happy with the purchase. They all needed to be updated though.

TB521":1dech31j said:
Cuddebacks are nice but I'm to cheap to buy one
I got the cheaper ones on sale at Cabelas. Got tired of having to replace the display on the Moultries every year. Also the butt shots of deer instead of the whole thing. Response time was slooooooooow. Cuddebak is much much faster

M.Magis":1556in3i said:
What model is it? Probably need to reed the pamphlet, but there's a chance it' not working correctly. I have more than one Moultrie, and though they all work, there's a wide gap in quality between models.
Ove the last few years, Cuddebacks have lost much of their reputation. Still a decent mid range camera, but not top quality anymore. Reconyx is about as good as it gets now, with a few other top end names that just aren't quite a popular.
I'm not sure what model it is I'll look at it tonight after I get done huntin

dun":khj5drsf said:
TB521":khj5drsf said:
I got the cheaper ones on sale at Cabelas. Got tired of having to replace the display on the Moultries every year. Also the butt shots of deer instead of the whole thing. Response time was slooooooooow. Cuddebak is much much faster
I've used one before I liked it it was somewhere around $250 I didn't think it was that much better then the primos that I use now

TB521":34yh5640 said:
dun":34yh5640 said:
TB521":34yh5640 said:
I've used one before I liked it it was somewhere around $250 I didn't think it was that much better then the primos that I use now
My primos is in the same junk box as the Moultries.

TB521":unay3pah said:
Dun are yours the IR model
1 is 1 isn;t. They are the Ambush model. The big deal now id "black flash" supposedly better but also pricier

Latest posts