Mother passing

Help Support CattleToday:

pdfangus":za99v67v said:
I don't think I would want to put it in the hands of doctors....after all keeping you alive in the hospital is their business. and a very lucrative one.

they cover their butts by telling you that the end could be near.

This is one of the main reasons euthanasia is not legalized(well in most of the world anyway) - we have to watch our backs all the time and trust nobody!!! :shock:

lavacarancher":oy7r0bvi said:
Ryder":oy7r0bvi said:
I have stood exactly where you are now.
It is not easy.
With my mother the whole ordeal lasted a long time and it just wore me down. It affected my well being and I still have not recovered after four years.

All I can say is realize and accept that it happened and it is over. You can't explain it, justify it,or anything else.
Just realize that "it is" and go on from there.

I guess I feel really guilty at the relief I felt when she took her last breath. The feeling that she's gone and we'll never see her again is something I think I can deal with. But the feeling that I was so releaved when she did pass, well, I don't know how to handle that. I know I need to stop beating myself up and that in time it'll pass. And it will.

Thanks,

Earl
She has found relief. Now grant the same to yourself. Nothing to feel guilty about.

Ryder":10hga4f4 said:
She has found relief. Now grant the same to yourself. Nothing to feel guilty about.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

I know I felt some guilt when my dad died for the same reason, I was relieved that it was finally over. BUT I also had to realize that that is what my dad wanted for himself and for us (he said it many times)....for it to be over, to get peace himself.
The guilt, for me, didn't last very long, but missing him will always be there.

Katherine

lavacarancher":1fgr51e1 said:
Ryder":1fgr51e1 said:
I have stood exactly where you are now.
It is not easy.
With my mother the whole ordeal lasted a long time and it just wore me down. It affected my well being and I still have not recovered after four years.

All I can say is realize and accept that it happened and it is over. You can't explain it, justify it,or anything else.
Just realize that "it is" and go on from there.

I guess I feel really guilty at the relief I felt when she took her last breath. The feeling that she's gone and we'll never see her again is something I think I can deal with. But the feeling that I was so releaved when she did pass, well, I don't know how to handle that. I know I need to stop beating myself up and that in time it'll pass. And it will.

Thanks,

Earl

That is hard to hear, much less experience. Sorry for the loss of your mother. I hope you can realize for yourself that having relief toward your Mom not having to experience pain is not wrong and their should not be any guilt. Your not relieved that she is gone, your relieved that she is not in pain- that is love. She has passed on to have a body that will be pain free, and disease free- ask yourself why that should that not be celebrated? That should make you smile.

Take this time to celebrate her life with your family and friends, she deserves it and so do you.

Latest posts