Most odd combo you have seen that works?

Help Support CattleToday:

While I have never had either one of these breeds it seems like a Dairy that Ai'd it's cows to a Square Meater Bull or a MG or something short and stout would work very well. The best of both worlds meaty, good frame, and a milk machine.
Backbone Ranch has a Guernsey x Murray Grey cow that is about the nicest cross I've seen. We like crossing the MGs on the neighbor's cows so we can buy back the steers. Absolutely mash the scales when the carcasses come in.

I have a gelbvieh red poll cross heifer here, only a couple of months old but she looks solid as a brick and like she will grow into a great cow, one i will be watching for sure.

Backbone Ranch has a Guernsey x Murray Grey cow that is about the nicest cross I've seen. We like crossing the MGs on the neighbor's cows so we can buy back the steers. Absolutely mash the scales when the carcasses come in.
This is the Guernsey x Murray Grey cow that TwoByrdsMG was referencing. She is a 2012 model and pictured at 7 years here. All of her heifer calves have been silver so far when she is bred to a Murray Grey. Her 3 bull calves have been the heaviest at weaning every year. We AIed her to a Guernsey this past year in hopes of getting a replacement for down the road. I have also included pictures of 2 of her bull calves.
BB Jewel (7 years).jpg909 Bull (6 months).jpg135 Steer (7 months).jpg

I don't know if it's an odd combo but I got this cow as a heifer as payment for working at a feedlot while in high school. She is believed to be a Charolais Gelbvieh cross and I always breed her to Black Angus bulls and the resulting calf is always gray. Then I like breeding the gray heifers to Herefords to get a strawberry baldy.

Attachments

• matty_boyyy-1639337910444.jpg
    matty_boyyy-1639337910444.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 5
  • matty_boyyy-1639337853630.jpg
    matty_boyyy-1639337853630.jpg
    496.5 KB · Views: 5