most dangerous jobs two

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":3i11wokh said:
Law enforcement officers at #10. God bless them for their sacrifices. I saw firefighters a couple of notches below. They deserve a big pat on the back as well.

Nice link, very informative.
Crawfish

I saw nothing wrong with your last thread. I don't have anything to say about the PD or FD. We have a bunch of them in our family and they've did really well for themselves.

highgrit":1rh21sn5 said:
I saw nothing wrong with your last thread. I don't have anything to say about the PD or FD. We have a bunch of them in our family and they've did really well for themselves.
Thank you, I didn't have anything to say about them either. Dam sure didn't say nothing bad. Lord have mercy on me if I said something good for the common working man. Jeez.....what a cur

If you couldn;t see where that thread was going to head ........................ I can;t finish it cause I would get banned

It looks like logging had a good year the year these numbers are from. Normally they run neck and neck with commercial fishing for #1 and #2 at around 100-110 deaths per 100,000.
My brother was a cop in Seattle for years. One time his wife was going on about how dangerous his job was. That was when I was still falling timber. I showed her these numbers. She didn't have much to say after that.

They went out of their way to be politically correct on that...

Steel workers: "contact with objects and equipment is a common cause of death."
The truth to it is probably more like "Getting squashed like a bug"

I like the wage for farmers and ranchers "Wage information not available".. well.. I guess there isn't any

dun":3ez1hjp5 said:
If you couldn;t see where that thread was going to head ........................ I can;t finish it cause I would get banned
You have to admit my comment about the misplaced commas was on the money.

M-5":1p0ykwvi said:
I got 4 of 15 what did I win

Worked in 4 of them as well my lifetime.
The most dangerous was Oil Chemical and Construction IMO that I worked in.
Way to many idiots wanting to bypass or shortcut safety regulations that had been
written in blood.

Caustic Burno":kibokeec said:
M-5":kibokeec said:
I got 4 of 15 what did I win

Worked in 4 of them as well my lifetime.
The most dangerous was Oil Chemical and Construction IMO that I worked in.
Way to many idiots wanting to bypass or shortcut safety regulations that had been
written in blood.

I only had 3 out of the 15 but they are #1, #2, and #5. Every year that fell timber there was someone who I had worked with at one point or another who got killed cutting timber. I helped pack out the bodies of three men. And there was another who was alive and talking to us when we packed him out who died on the way to the hospital. Every old former timber faller I know has stories of multiple trips to the hospital. Some with pretty long stays to recover.