Morra Rotary Rakes

Help Support CattleToday:

rrbyerly

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Morra rotary hayrakes? They're sold by Agricultural Supply Company in North Carolina. The price of a new rake plus freight is less than used rotary rakes locally. Seems like a good deal if they aren't junk.

I would want to actauly lay my eyes on one before investing. It's trite but still true, "If it seems to good to be true............"

dun

They're really not that cheap for a brand with limited reputation.

I checked the Agri-supply web site and the 6'9" model is 4449.95

But http://www.ccmachinery.com/disc mowers.htm has a Lely, a unit that has a reputation, in 6'9" for $4250.00. I think I'd check around for prices locally for a Lely, Vicon, or Kuhn. You might find they're not that much higher.

I just received an Agri Supply catalog today. Morra disc rakes are listed at $1,999 for a 9' rake. I, too, would like to know if anyone has had experience with this brand of rake. Do they do a good job? What is their repair rate? Where do you get parts?

I bought one of the Morra cutters from agra supply last year. It cutts just fine but I have had some trouble with it. I am starting to wish I had bought the Kuhn. But now a rake may be the way to go.

Latest posts