Morning Surprise

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Got our first calf this morning, she came 10 days early. Cow had her cleaned off, up and nursed and the cow had cleaned.
When getting the pair to the barn the calf bawled almost the whole way and I thought one first year heifer was going to take us.
Little calf got mad at the hubby and kicked him for disturbing her nap. :D :lol2:

2009firstcalf012.jpg

2009firstcalf013.jpg

Cute calf...

Btw where is all of your snow ????It looks like that here now to but we are to get 5 inches on Friday..

Those morning surprises are good, when they are healthy like that one seems to be.

We weighted her this afternoon and she was 65lb. Still trying to kick the hubby, must be a "man hater" :lol2: :lol2:

HD almost all of the snow here has melted, but if you look north of us towards the Missouri River and it has not melted up there. Had a light dusting of snow the other day, but it is already gone. Weathermen down here keep changing their minds, snow, rain, snow, sunshine, and back and forth. :? Don't think they know what is going to happen.

That is a pretty one!!!
I have been away from the forum for awhile.
Don't know how to upload my little calf---if I figure it out--I send my little one--who was born @ same time.
Herefords are one pretty cow!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are expecting our first hereford calves this year and are so excited - have always used an angus bull with our herefords and had some pretty darn cute baldies, but can't wait to see our hereford babies.

Got another surprise at 1am this morning.
Had put one of my son's cows in at 11pm, she was just starting labor.
Went and checked her and found this.

Twins019.jpg

The bull is on the right and the heifer is on the left.
The bull was pretty chilled, so I put him in the hot box. He was still weak even after 2 doses of Nurse Mate, so I thawed out some colostrum I had and gave him a pint.
Whe I left he was just starting to latch onto the cow. :D
now I'm going to take a nap, 4 hours of sleep is catching up. ;-)

Latest posts