Morning Surprise *Hey Jo*

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Just got a call this morning. The guys who are going to put up our house called.........
They are going to be here on the 22nd! Sounds like everything is going to be delievered that day!!!!!
The log home company is already pre-cutting our logs.

Digger is going to be here tomorrow.
Hubby is on the phone with the concrete guy. He is suppose to be here on the 15th. Has 6 foundations in front of us. Said the time line is pushing it. One woman cannot make up her mind. Might by pass them and come get us done. No changes in our floor plan except for 2 interior walls which are simple fixes. changed from a 2"x4" wall to a 2"x6" stud framing for exhaust for the furnance and water heater.

Still have to drop that over head power line. Found the underground one and it is marked.

Thought they were going to be here the first of August. Turns out the building crew has be down in Kansas after our house is up. they are pretty busy.

Still trying to hay. :drink: :drink:

Hey Jo!

Will posts some pics tonight of them starting to dig for the foundation. digger showed up early.
Wind is howling so I didn't get any pics of the groundbreaking. I lost my hat, tried to grab it and forgot I had an open bottle of Jose in my hand. So I sort of doused myself. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Hubby and I did toast a shot to the start of the house though.

Ran into a couple of problems. Where they started digging they ran into some sand rock so hard they couldn't get through it. So the foundation walls will be about 2' higher then we expected.
Had to move the house area about 5' to the west.
Othere then that everything is looking good.

Diggingfoundation004.jpg

Diggingfoundation006.jpg

Diggingfoundation012.jpg

Diggingfoundation013.jpg

Diggingfoundation040.jpg

Breaking ground, how exciting!! Congratulations. We hope to be building a new house here in a couple more years....I'll be watching your progress.

Good job! I know you are excited. I wish I could get you a jar of Blueberry Medley up to you for house warming party of your home. Much better than Jose but it also winds up on the ground often but not from hat chasing. :lol2:

Well more surprises today.
Concrete guy will now NOT be here until the end of next week. Oh crap.
That puts the building guys at least a week or more back.

Digger knocked on my door to tell me the one under ground power line took a jog to the east and he found it with the excavator.
Shut off the breaker to it. He forgot his splicing kit and we had nothing to fix it with so he headed for town and his guys had lunch early.
We were without water for a few hours.

They accidently cut the water line that used to go to the trailer house.
Luckily it was shut off.
Unluckily they had buried the shut off valve and position of the water line.
While trying to find it outside of the foundation area he found a second power line that was going to go to the house.
Luckily that was not charged.
Going to run a new line.

Hubby continued digging with his little backhoe looking for the water line and sewer line.
Found them when he cut the sewer line which is the clay tile.
Now we only have to replace it from where he broke it. Thought we would have to replace the whole thing.
water line under the trailer house was galvanized pipe. Futher out it is PVC pipe. Only have to replace what was metal.

On a better note. They got done digging today.

Latest posts