Morning Glories taking over!!! Help!

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
Don't ever do what I did. I innocently planted some morning glories two years ago for a trellis. Now they have taken over everything. I have been pulling them up for a month now with no sign of stopping. What can I do to get rid of them without harming the other bedding plants, other than to just keep pulling them up? They killed a rose bush last year they were so thick. I am going to be pulling up morning glories for the rest of my life!

Learn to love them-brag on them,take people to see them-take real good care of them-----then they'll all die........ :lol2: :tiphat:

oh, crap! I just planted some to cover up a big stump in the yard. The good thing is there's nothing but grass growing within 20 feet of the stump so maybe 2,4d can keep them under control if they try to take over.

Lammie":2cgwigyp said:
What can I do to get rid of them without harming the other bedding plants, other than to just keep pulling them up?

Either mix up a small sprayer of round-up, set it for a gentle stream and spray the offending plants, or another option would be to try the foam round-up available at your local Wally World.

msscamp":o64on3mv said:
Lammie":o64on3mv said:
What can I do to get rid of them without harming the other bedding plants, other than to just keep pulling them up?

Either mix up a small sprayer of round-up, set it for a gentle stream and spray the offending plants, or another option would be to try the foam round-up available at your local Wally World.

Yeah, I didn't know if I might hurt something else by using round up, but that's probably the best option.

Morning Glories are good if there's nothing else around, Texas Gal, but take it from me, they don't play well with the other plants. And mine didn't even look that good. I like something that reseeds itself, but this is rediculous.

I thought I had the same issues with four o'clocks. I think the chickens scratched them all up, though. I liked the four o'clocks. Not so much the morning glories.