More ugly news

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Feb 23, 2009 4:20 PM, Source: Feedstuffs Magazine

HSUS President making plans to work with new government leaders

Reps. Elton Gallegy (R., Cal.) and Jim Moran (D., Va.) have reorganized the congressional animal welfare caucus as the "Congressional Animal Protection Caucus," a bi-partisan organization that's committee to raising the awareness of animal welfare issues in Congress, according to an announcement from their offices.
Through briefings and forums, the caucus will highlight important issues affecting animals and animal welfare legislation "to build broad coalitions in support of common-sense, humane animal welfare laws," Gallegly and Moran said.

The announcement, issued under Gallegly's and Moran's letterheads, included a quote from Wayne Pacelle, chief executive officer and president of the Humane Society of the United States, which advocates vegetarianism and was responsible for the passage of "Prop 2" in California last year.

Pacelle said the caucus "will better align" public opinion and public policies, "and we are excited to work closely with (caucus) leaders and the entire Congress to combat cruelty and abuse."

Here again the sheep are following the media shepherd. The coarse set is a collision one as Washington is being guided by special intrest groups. We just thought this was bad but we turned the apple cart over last election.
I don't care which party is in the White House I never want to see one party in control of both houses and the White House. Our founding fathers put the checks and balances in the system for good reason.

Caustic Burno":2lp9c07t said:
Here again the sheep are following the media shepherd. The coarse set is a collision one as Washington is being guided by special intrest groups. We just thought this was bad but we turned the apple cart over last election.
I don't care which party is in the White House I never want to see one party in control of both houses and the White House. Our founding fathers put the checks and balances in the system for good reason.

Folks seem to have forgotten history - that's a shame.

Between the weather and the government I don't know if I will survive. I just read an article in the CT newsletter yesterday that stated that the IRS has been given marching orders to very closely scrutinize tax returns for folks who work and try to run a farm or ranch. I know there are folks out there who don't work outside their farm life but there aren't many. The little guy is going to take it in the shorts - again.

I read the same information online. Said the IRS was going to closely look at auditing farmers and ranchers that had outside jobs, and were claiming three digit exemptions, or hadn't shown a profit in 6 years.

TheBullLady":ks76kv0z said:
I read the same information online. Said the IRS was going to closely look at auditing farmers and ranchers that had outside jobs, and were claiming three digit exemptions, or hadn't shown a profit in 6 years.
:eek: We're supposed to show a profit????? :?

Latest posts