More trips to lowes

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Went to lowes just walking around bsing and stumbled across a new 50 gallon electric water heater at an end cap. I noticed it was on sale for 20.00 talked to dept manager he told me its new and he knows its functional just no one wants a dented water heater so he deemed it as parts and for 20.00 to get it gone. I was not in the market for one but for 20.00 I was . I guess ill put it in the shop until I may need one. I will be making more trips to lowes and hopefully find some dented freezers

IMG_20170216_123502824_zpsdzjsfbl9.jpg

I had to buy one last yr and the only one I could get to fit under the cabinet was 500 bucks , the government regulations have caused them to skyrocket the last few yrs , along with the environmental tree huggin climate change wackos . Id have bout it also , you can get 100 bucks on craigs list almost as fast as you post it im sure

M-5":2z7u0clc said:
I had to buy one last yr and the only one I could get to fit under the cabinet was 500 bucks , the government regulations have caused them to skyrocket the last few yrs , along with the environmental tree huggin climate change wackos . Id have bout it also , you can get 100 bucks on craigs list almost as fast as you post it im sure

Yea I think ill hold onto it put caps on the pipes and keep it cause by the time I need it they could be 1000 bucks for every water heater. I would really like one of those instant water heaters that you can put on the wall but they are like 1500 bucks or atleast the one I saw was.

skyhightree1":25aedds9 said:
M-5":25aedds9 said:

Yea I think ill hold onto it put caps on the pipes and keep it cause by the time I need it they could be 1000 bucks for every water heater. I would really like one of those instant water heaters that you can put on the wall but they are like 1500 bucks or atleast the one I saw was.

They(point of use) are very reasonable water heaters and much cheaper than conventional ones. The problem with them is the required wire supply to operate them IIRC They have to have min of 6 or 8 awg wire . That's where the cost comes in . If you have access to gas it would be far cheaper .

M-5":3axz2su3 said:
skyhightree1":3axz2su3 said:
M-5":3axz2su3 said:

They(point of use) are very reasonable water heaters and much cheaper than conventional ones. The problem with them is the required wire supply to operate them IIRC They have to have min of 6 or 8 awg wire . That's where the cost comes in . If you have access to gas it would be far cheaper .

Gotcha that I did not know.

skyhightree1":2ifowerf said:
Went to lowes just walking around bsing and stumbled across a new 50 gallon electric water heater at an end cap. I noticed it was on sale for 20.00 talked to dept manager he told me its new and he knows its functional just no one wants a dented water heater so he deemed it as parts and for 20.00 to get it gone. I was not in the market for one but for 20.00 I was . I guess ill put it in the shop until I may need one. I will be making more trips to lowes and hopefully find some dented freezers

IMG_20170216_123502824_zpsdzjsfbl9.jpg

Good eye! I haggeled for a dented refrigerator at home depot, but paid a lot more than $20 :tiphat:

Thanks yea this store had 2x4x8's non treated for 1.25 each I bought every stack they had. Its in a really rich side of town and after so long they gotta move the old stock out. I generally go there once every 2 weeks and find something.. I bought bull floats and handle sections for dirt cheap not too long ago.

skyhightree1":2l2zg142 said:
M-5":2l2zg142 said:

Gotta cap everything and it will last for a life time till you need it. Just check for dirt daubers when you install it

A while back I ordered a portable bench. It was late coming in by a couple of days so I mentioned it. They gave me an additional 10% off. When they brought it up from the back the box was torn, they gave me ANOTHER 10% off.

dun":3qbca2m7 said:
A while back I ordered a portable bench. It was late coming in by a couple of days so I mentioned it. They gave me an additional 10% off. When they brought it up from the back the box was torn, they gave me ANOTHER 10% off.

That's what I'm talking about I think there fair. I don't like home depot.