Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
Saturday, 09/22/07

Teacher in sex case goes missing
Nashville school fires her amid new allegations

By ANTONIO GONZALEZ
Associated Press

A Knoxville teacher accused of having an affair with a high school student has gone missing with her two children.

Erin McLean â€" whose husband, Eric McLean, is charged with killing the 18-year-old student who allegedly had an affair with his wife â€" has been missing for a week, according to attorneys for both parties.

Her Nashville attorney, Gary Blackburn, fears for the woman's safety because, he says, she is distraught over the publicity surrounding the Knoxville case and the loss of another teaching job in Davidson County.

"She's under enormous stress and I'm concerned,'' Blackburn said.

New allegations emerge

Erin McLean was recently fired from Pioneer Christian Academy, Blackburn said. The firing came amid new allegations of improper conduct with a student there, but Metro police say there is no active investigation into those claims, and McLean has not been charged with a crime.

School officials could not be reached for comment Friday.

McLean's sister reported her missing after family members hadn't heard from her in nearly a week, Metro police spokeswoman Kristin Mumford said.

"She called her uncle on Saturday and left a message: 'I have a new job. I have a new roommate and I have my boys,' " Mumford said.

Job loss may be to blame

The woman, with her two sons, went to visit her mother in her Nashville home on Sept. 15 before she disappeared.

McLean had been living at a motel, the Executive Inn, on Murfreesboro Pike.

Even though McLean is upset, Blackburn said he doesn't believe she would harm her children.

"She's unable to get or keep jobs,'' Blackburn said. "Anything she does is interpreted in a certain way. I fear for her. Anyone in that state, you don't know what might happen.''

Eric McLean's attorney, Bruce Poston, said family members went public with the announcement Friday in hopes of finding her two boys.

No Amber alert yet

Authorities have not put out an Amber alert because McLean hasn't been charged with any crimes and she has legal custody of her children.

Family members think she may be heading to California to meet with a friend she met on the Internet, someone named "Crowder", Poston said, and will file a petition Monday that McLean is not fit to have custody â€" which would allow authorities to put out a missing person report.

Eric McLean has been charged with second-degree murder in the death of Sean Powell, whom he believed was having an affair with Erin McLean.

Powell was fatally shot on March 10 as he sat unarmed in his car in front of the McLeans' home. Erin McLean was his English teacher.

You had me for a minute, just a minute though. Then I read this:
MikeC":27uo8s69 said:
Family members think she may be heading to California to meet with a friend she met on the Internet, someone named "Crowder",

You guys are incorrigible(in my dicitonary, to bad to be reformed) :roll:

MistyMorning":mx8wjsry said:
MikeC":mx8wjsry said:
Family members think she may be heading to California to meet with a friend she met on the Internet, someone named "Crowder",

Misty, You know it's got to be another Crowder. This Gal plays with little boys.And, I dont even own a computer.I'm about 20 years too old for her. :shock: :shock:

You know, I read about teachers having affairs with their students all the time on the news and have to wonder: "Why didn't anything cool like that ever happen to me?" :x

cfpinz

cfpinz":1uzquutj said:
You know, I read about teachers having affairs with their students all the time on the news and have to wonder: "Why didn't anything cool like that ever happen to me?" :x

cfpinz

didn't happen to me either, the two of us must have been too ugly as kids.

MistyMorning":3g9violf said:
MikeC":3g9violf said:

Misty think this could be a Crowder secret twin
image013.jpg
the photo Mikie forgot to print.....What say you????

Crowderfarms":2g0ifq58 said:
MistyMorning":2g0ifq58 said:
MikeC":2g0ifq58 said:

Misty, You know it's got to be another Crowder. This Gal plays with little boys.And, I dont even own a computer.I'm about 20 years too old for her. :shock: :shock:

Well, I for one will have to come to Crowders defence. I know for a fact that he did not have relations with that woman. First she is not his sister or cousin or any relation for that matter. Second she is about 350 pounds to light for his taste. :lol:

Boy what an education! i would have studied harder if i had a teacher like that.

chrisy":3ooj66we said:
Misty think this could be a Crowder secret twin
image013.jpg
the photo Mikie forgot to print.....What say you????

It just might be except it also looks a lot like a tick I pulled off of one of the dogs earlier this summer. ;-)

cfpinz":367wjy0s said:

cfpinz

I was thinking the same thing as I was reading this. Our teachers were down right ugly but some of these "modern thinking" teachers (like the one in Florida) are smokin' hot! 8)

Bullbuyer":bnrlvev0 said:
cfpinz":bnrlvev0 said:

cfpinz

I was thinking the same thing as I was reading this. Our teachers were down right ugly but some of these "modern thinking" teachers (like the one in Florida) are smokin' hot! 8)

You might think I'm joking, but a friend I graduated with married our 5th grade teacher! He's got stepkids about 3 or 4 years younger than himself! Welcome to Virginia.

cfpinz

cfpinz":1aavmq4i said:
Bullbuyer":1aavmq4i said:
cfpinz":1aavmq4i said:

cfpinz

You might think I'm joking, but a friend I graduated with married our 5th grade teacher! He's got stepkids about 3 or 4 years younger than himself! Welcome to Virginia.

cfpinz

What grade was he in when they tied the knot?

john250":2qhm4noa said:
cfpinz":2qhm4noa said:
Bullbuyer":2qhm4noa said:
cfpinz":2qhm4noa said:

cfpinz

cfpinz

I don't think they will let you get married up there until you've passed the 6th grade. ;-)

Most are about 16 years old? :lol:

Teacher Charged With Having Sex With Teen Aide
Tuesday , September 25, 2007

CLINTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. â€"

A former Roseville High School teacher was charged with having sex with a teenage teacher's assistant.

Janelle Batkins, 42, of Harrison Township was charged Monday in district court in Clinton Township. She faces two counts of third-degree criminal sexual conduct.

The Macomb County sheriff's office said Batkins and the boy began having consensual sex last December and continued through May.

Batkins' attorney didn't comment after Monday's hearing.

Batkins is a married mother of two who taught French for about 15 years in the district. She resigned over the summer and has a preliminary exam set for Oct. 30.

Foxnews

john250":iv56esa9 said:
cfpinz":iv56esa9 said:
Bullbuyer":iv56esa9 said:
cfpinz":iv56esa9 said:

cfpinz

cfpinz

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They held off til he graduated. It's kind of an awkward situation when I run into her. Was always taught to be polite to my teachers, don't know whether to call her Ms. XXXX or what??? :lol:

Latest posts