More taxes.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Amazon caused that. The states are losing to much money by online sellers. They are gonna get their hands in the pot, one way or the other.

The more money "the system" gets the more money it NEEDS. When times change and people progress to doing things a new or different way it almost always leads to a tax of some kind. We will never see a time when any part of our government says "no" to collecting money. This will be a nightmare for websites because each place has it's own tax rate

I think online retailers ought to pay taxes... Why should a brick and mortar store, which employs people, has goods for IMMEDIATE use, etc have to compete with an online place at a tax disadvantage to boot.

I think there ought to be a reasonable way for online retailers to pay the taxes... a list of each state and it's tax rate is already available, don't see what's so hard about summing up the sales to each state and writing a check

I've got mixed feelings on this one. No taxes definitely gave the online stores an unfair advantage but at the same time there was a shipping charge (don't believe free anything). States were just loosing too many tax dollars. I don't think it will change much though. It's just easier to have stuff delivered to the house. I still buy most stuff at the store and only order things not available in my area.

Latest posts