More solar farm

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes, that is correct. I retain the land and "they" install the panels and do maintenance. Long term lease (20 plus years) with ability to negotiate new terms every year. They claim to be paying $4000/acre/year. I could use $160,000/year for doing nothing. 12.8 KV line across property. I didn't get far enough to really check out the details. Sounded too good to be true.
I dont know if they are paying that much.. But, might be different where you are. We're not getting that much, wished we were though....lol If you hate the look of panels and thats what they are paying, you're better off taking it and finding a new place because you'll be surrounded by them anyway and not getting in, you have to look at your neighbors 4000 a year acre income, you 0.

Yes, that is correct. I retain the land and "they" install the panels and do maintenance. Long term lease (20 plus years) with ability to negotiate new terms every year. They claim to be paying $4000/acre/year. I could use $160,000/year for doing nothing. 12.8 KV line across property. I didn't get far enough to really check out the details. Sounded too good to be true.
They offered me $600/acre/year

What I wish they'd do. Whoever they are. Is shut down all the power plants, tear down the ugly power lines and poles and let everyone figure out for themselves how to power their whizbangs. I have no doubt a good many of our experts would be culled the first day running their generators in the house.
Yeh, running them in the house so no one could see that they had to turn to the generator on for power. A lot of theses green people are obscessed with not having to turn to fossil fuel for power when required. I think my off grid solar power is terrific and provides for my power usage 95% of the time but it is a fact of life that an alternative power source will be needed occaisionally. If you are counting the C molecules I am sure that my system would come out better than carbon neutral.

Ken

tex452 (and others), when they make a offer like that, is for all your acreage or just the part usable for their panels? I ask becasue a few companies have sniffed around about my place but a lot of it is not suitable for their use. I do have high voltage lines though but I am not sure if they have capacity.

Yeh, running them in the house so no one could see that they had to turn to the generator on for power. A lot of theses green people are obscessed with not having to turn to fossil fuel for power when required. I think my off grid solar power is terrific and provides for my power usage 95% of the time but it is a fact of life that an alternative power source will be needed occaisionally. If you are counting the C molecules I am sure that my system would come out better than carbon neutral.

Ken
Yes.
I've always thought it to be a good idea to not have all my eggs in one basket. You know what I mean Ken.... have some alternatives...lol

there's a very nice 2 story right down from me. beautiful home, but imo, ruined esthetically by 3 large rows of sol panels right on the street side roof.

View attachment 21833
I agree, it detracts from the home. There is an solar panel that is incorporated into a roofing material, but I bet it would cost so much that it would not be cost effective to install.

I wonder, if all the homes in America had solar panels, all these solar farms all over the place; how long would it be before the climate change nuts start wanting all those panels removed because of reflected heat back into the atmosphere.

I'm a gonna wait until fusion nuclear reactor derived power is perfected because I already heard it was going to be too cheap to even meter...again.

The Power Plant Owners are fighting very hard to stop roof top solar. Imagine what it would do to them. I imagine if we started a pool we still couldn't top they're lobbying dollars. Just the way it is.

I have looked at a couple of these contracts for some friends. The price they quoted you is not out of line. That is what they are paying.

This is much like cell phone towers. You would be amazed how much passive income someone can make just from leasing a 1/2 acre of land and giving a right -of-way to get to it to a cell company. Those contracts are also normally 20 plus years.

tex452 (and others), when they make a offer like that, is for all your acreage or just the part usable for their panels? I ask becasue a few companies have sniffed around about my place but a lot of it is not suitable for their use. I do have high voltage lines though but I am not sure if they have capacity.
I have a high voltage line running through my property, they want to lease 50 acres of right at 200.
I turned them down.

2df662c99bef75b9.png

Latest posts