More solar farm

Help Support CattleToday:

It will go to the chicken factory and towards Rugby... so it crosses 271... We can only hope they donate to local things, they promised giving to the fire department..
Chicken houses are 4 miles from me, as a crow flies anyways

Chicken houses are 4 miles from me, as a crow flies anyways
Does the smell get to you. If the wind is directly out of the north, we can get a whiff of it and we're around 10 miles away... happens a couple times a year.

Does the smell get to you. If the wind is directly out of the north, we can get a whiff of it and we're around 10 miles away... happens a couple times a year.
The only time we smell the litter or the plant is when the farmers there on 271 put it on the fields. I'd guess they are spreading it on 10-12,000 acres some of which is a mile from our house. Even then we only smell it in the evenings and it's not terrible. The pile of litter those guys have is huge and they'll spread for several weeks. They say you can smell it in Detroit in the evenings too. Usually last about 3 weeks or so then it's gone.

We will have panels on our place this month for sure. They got all the racks up. The progress is amazing. This time last year we may have had a little dirt work done and a few survey flags...Now, the place is flatter than a pancake and big roads everywhere..They just put in a new culvert where i've cussed a few times, got stuck in it even more.

We will have panels on our place this month for sure. They got all the racks up. The progress is amazing. This time last year we may have had a little dirt work done and a few survey flags...Now, the place is flatter than a pancake and big roads everywhere..They just put in a new culvert where i've cussed a few times, got stuck in it even more.
We heard that the slow down in solar panel materials is causing a slow down at the farm. Actually heard they sent everyone home last week. Any truth to that?

I'm all for continuing and strengthening the oil gas industry. I also believe in exploring new alternatives. The oil and gas industry is mature and profitable no doubt. It was propped up by taxpayers for a long time to get their. There was a time when the automobile was considered inefficient to the horse. It takes time to perfect new technology. One thing that solar and wind going for them is the potential to make power right there on their own. No pipelines or railcars delivering fuel to make fuel. This is one place where I believe my fellow conservatives make fools of themselves. If you don't think the Sun has energy...go do some work outside on a August day.
Or on 6/17/2022

Solar panel shortages are have solar farms on hold all over.
A little insight into the panel problems.

Solar produced right at 10,000 megawatts in Texas today. The problem is it only produces from around 7am until 7pm. The goal is combine Solar and battery storage to produce power around the clock. They aren't there yet but it will happen.

Peak ERCOT load was right at 75,000 MWs today. Wind and solar made up about 20,000 of those MWs. At midnight wind was making 20,000 mw on it's own but fell off to 8,000mw by 7am and picked back up to 10,000 mw around noon. Renewables have their place but we still would have been 55 ,000 MWs short today. I have seen renewables produce a little over half the power used in Tx during the spring months though. They are definitely coming along.

We heard that the slow down in solar panel materials is causing a slow down at the farm. Actually heard they sent everyone home last week. Any truth to that?
They have a new facilities so they pulled up all the container offices. Yes, they cant get the panels. A lot of the place is operational, but Delilha 1 is on hold and once the panels are in, it will only take a few months to get it going. All finished, just waiting on panels. Deliha2 is on hold, thats what we're baling, all that area around south of Rugby. Soon as they get what they need, it will fire up again. We have a meeting with them this week because someone with a skidsteer ran through some of our fences and our cows got out. And the guys they hired to do fence work, to replace what they took down, suck... worst fence builders ever. Husband told them, you need to fire those guys and then fire the guy who hired them.

They have a new facilities so they pulled up all the container offices. Yes, they cant get the panels. A lot of the place is operational, but Delilha 1 is on hold and once the panels are in, it will only take a few months to get it going. All finished, just waiting on panels. Deliha2 is on hold, thats what we're baling, all that area around south of Rugby. Soon as they get what they need, it will fire up again. We have a meeting with them this week because someone with a skidsteer ran through some of our fences and our cows got out. And the guys they hired to do fence work, to replace what they took down, suck... worst fence builders ever. Husband told them, you need to fire those guys and then fire the guy who hired them.
Never let companies use their people for fence. Always tell them they will pay the bill for your people to do it.

Never let companies use their people for fence. Always tell them they will pay the bill for your people to do it.
Live and learn. There wasnt much for them to rebuild though, the part they did do, they put in the wrong place. He's going to see if they'll pay us to do it. What we want fixed for sure though is the cow trap pond they dug. They needed dirt so we allowed them to enlarge a stock pond. They dug a long trench about 20 ft deep and then tied the pond into it at a small section. So, if a cow went into the new part, they couldnt get out because the sides are too steep. And if they could make it to where it does connect to the original pond, they'd have to swim into the old pond.. We'll ask to do that work, but we'll want paid.. 1655728311115.png

Live and learn. There wasnt much for them to rebuild though, the part they did do, they put in the wrong place. He's going to see if they'll pay us to do it. What we want fixed for sure though is the cow trap pond they dug. They needed dirt so we allowed them to enlarge a stock pond. They dug a long trench about 20 ft deep and then tied the pond into it at a small section. So, if a cow went into the new part, they couldnt get out because the sides are too steep. And if they could make it to where it does connect to the original pond, they'd have to swim into the old pond.. We'll ask to do that work, but we'll want paid.. View attachment 18077
Don't give them an option. Tell them they had the opportunity to handle it and proved they couldn't and they will pay you to do it or hand you paperwork stating if a cow gets out through those areas they will be liable, not you.

Construction companies needing dirt rarley dig pools suitable for cattle. The sides are almost always too steep and the banks too flat. If you think about they are wanting the dirt. I've had 5-6 ponds dug and they've never carried off the dirt.

I'm sure they'll get back underway when the panels become available again. We are hearing 8 months on panel orders though. I also saw the map now shows them going North almost to the chicken houses.

Construction companies needing dirt rarley dig pools suitable for cattle. The sides are almost always too steep and the banks too flat. If you think about they are wanting the dirt. I've had 5-6 ponds dug and they've never carried off the dirt.

I'm sure they'll get back underway when the panels become available again. We are hearing 8 months on panel orders though. I also saw the map now shows them going North almost to the chicken houses.
What happened is they promised a nice pond extension, then gave us that. We talked to the head guy and he said they'd fix it but never did.. They took the dirt off of a pit pond which was sooooo happy for them to do because not only did it hide cows thus making me have to go around it EVERY time i checked on them, and sides were too steep to drive down. They did a good job on this, pictured below. We're treading lightly because they've given us all the open unused land to bale.. But, with the ok from a higher up, we're going to get what we want done whether we do it and get paid or we make them do it. The running their machinery through the fences, we'll claim damages. Spent hours gathering cows from here and there. Still not sure if we got them all. We let them into the pines and they made dozer ruts all in it where i cant take a 4wheeler in there now. But if we're missing cows or calves, they'll get a bill. 1655733804368.png

Took a 3 hour tour with a new head guy to show all the things we wanted fixed. Now whether it gets done we'll see.. Other than a few fencing areas, the other parts are nit picky in my opinion, but after them running their machinery through our fences and the heifers getting out, we're going to insist it all get done..

Word has it they may have some panels to do Delilah 1... They have been out fixing the things we asked them to.

We'll take the
I told them I wasn't interested.
I will take an oil well.
We'll take the solar farm with a side order of oil well.... lol.... There is a place on our land i just know there is oil. They've tested here before in several places, but not in the place i know they'll hit oil..... i can feel it.. its there

Latest posts