More solar farm

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
My husband was contacted about giving a interview to a national news on the solar farm.. Pretty excited. Of course, i'll be somewhere in there but i'll avoid speaking... Will give details once its happened. Its amazing at how much this company has done in just a few months.

We turned in a bid last month for 86,000 feet of commercial chain link fence around a solar farm being built near rosebud.
They definitely create jobs in all areas............ I'll get a picture of the amount of chain link they have stored up for this one. So... much... fence. They took out some of our fence that wasnt agreed on. We scheduled a meeting and decided the fence can stay gone because there will be a chain link instead.. There was one fence they needed to put back, it was a perimeter fence.. We got all our t post back too..

Chain link should work for most animals, but I would expect deer to get in at some point.

Will they be grazing sheep under the solar panels?
6' chain link with 3 barbwire on top is pretty deer proof. The couple of solar farms I've been around. The VA hospital in Temple and the one at Briggs had every thing covered with gravel. Much smaller outfits . But you can be pretty confident there won't be anything grazing...

6' chain link with 3 barbwire on top is pretty deer proof. The couple of solar farms I've been around. The VA hospital in Temple and the one at Briggs had every thing covered with gravel. Much smaller outfits . But you can be pretty confident there won't be anything grazing...
There will be sheep.... they'll have to do something to keep it from growing up over the panels. One thing about this area is stuff likes to grow...

The news crew is coming out next week... That doesnt give me time to lose around 50 pounds and learn how to put on makeup....lol... High def giant TVs will not be kind to me....

So how long will it take for the solar farm to pay for the chain link fence and construction and engineering costs before
a return is realized. What percent, if any, is subsidized by any taxing authority?
I think you can search and find what goes where as far as money.. They plan to combine this with natural gas so when there is no sun or at night, gas can kick in... pretty smart...

So how long will it take for the solar farm to pay for the chain link fence and construction and engineering costs before
a return is realized. What percent, if any, is subsidized by any taxing authority?
I'm all for continuing and strengthening the oil gas industry. I also believe in exploring new alternatives. The oil and gas industry is mature and profitable no doubt. It was propped up by taxpayers for a long time to get their. There was a time when the automobile was considered inefficient to the horse. It takes time to perfect new technology. One thing that solar and wind going for them is the potential to make power right there on their own. No pipelines or railcars delivering fuel to make fuel. This is one place where I believe my fellow conservatives make fools of themselves. If you don't think the Sun has energy...go do some work outside on a August day.

Last edited:
I'm all for continuing and strengthening the oil gas industry. I also believe in exploring new alternatives. The oil and gas industry is mature and profitable no doubt. It was propped up by taxpayers for a long time to get their. There was a time when the automobile was considered inefficient to the horse. It takes time to perfect new technology. One thing that solar and wind going for them is the potential to make power right there on their on. No pipelines or railcars delivering fuel to make fuel. This is one place where I believe my fellow conservatives make fools of themselves. If you don't think the Sun has energy...go do some work outside on a August day.
Exactly... the writing is on the wall as far as needing alternative sources .. And yes they are taking some productive land, but if they'd quit planting corn for fuel, there'd be more land for food. A lot of farmers out here went with the fuel corn... And there are plans on running sheep on this place.. Not sure what that will do to the meat industry.. I've only had sheep once while i was in england and it was roasted and tasted just like beef to me. I've never seen it for sale here, but, it might make libs happy that they dont fart as much as a cow..lol...

Without a doubt, it will be the biggest thing to happen in Rosebud in the last 100 years. Not exactly a booming area, but wife and I did look at some property there a couple of years ago. Nice little laid back town and close enough to Temple to provide access to good medical care.

Without a doubt, it will be the biggest thing to happen in Rosebud in the last 100 years. Not exactly a booming area, but wife and I did look at some property there a couple of years ago. Nice little laid back town and close enough to Temple to provide access to good medical care.
One is being built in your area?

No. Too many days with clouds this close to the coast. I was responding to CallMeFence's post about his fence bid near Rosebud.

I'm all for continuing and strengthening the oil gas industry. I also believe in exploring new alternatives. The oil and gas industry is mature and profitable no doubt. It was propped up by taxpayers for a long time to get their. There was a time when the automobile was considered inefficient to the horse. It takes time to perfect new technology. One thing that solar and wind going for them is the potential to make power right there on their own. No pipelines or railcars delivering fuel to make fuel. This is one place where I believe my fellow conservatives make fools of themselves. If you don't think the Sun has energy...go do some work outside on a August day.
Who is that scantily clad lady in your avatar photo Fence? Is she the same one that was trying to shoot you in the previous photo? She is not hard on the eye Fence, you do alright for a gnarled old buggar. You must be doing something right.

Ken

Who is that scantily clad lady in your avatar photo Fence? Is she the same one that was trying to shoot you in the previous photo? She is not hard on the eye Fence, you do alright for a gnarled old buggar. You must be doing something right.

Ken
Granddaughter in the previous photo Ken. Me and the wife 20 years back in the present one. I just pick a photo I like...... time has been kinder to her than than it has tome, but she still hangs around.

Last edited:
"Nice little laid back town and close enough to Temple"
I love that little town. I buy my oats from a nice man out there. I looked around a little bit around there for some farmland but didn't find much available except for small tracts..
The farmer who sales me the oats said the idiots from Austin are moving in.

Granddaughter in the previous photo Ken. Me and the wife 20 years back in the present one. I just pick a photo I like...... time has been kinder to her than than it has tome, but she still hangs around.
Nice photos Fence. I can't make out a lot as they only come up small for me but I thought there was a lot of resemblance of your granddaughter to your wife.

Ken

"Nice little laid back town and close enough to Temple"
I love that little town. I buy my oats from a nice man out there. I looked around a little bit around there for some farmland but didn't find much available except for small tracts..
The farmer who sales me the oats said the idiots from Austin are moving in.
They found us few that had big tracts, some of the smaller who could have gotten in said no way.. If you did not want in, they did not want you. Its kind of sad now because there was no stopping it. So, if you opted out in the beginning, your little places are surrounded by the panels. There is another company coming in and putting in more just south of this one. The people in the area are getting together and trying to stop it. There is no stopping it. I think they found the land way cheaper up here. In Austin area the land is very expensive, but i never understood why. Its really pretty up here...

Latest posts