More solar farm

Help Support CattleToday:

Lucky

Reaction score
It will go to the chicken factory and towards Rugby... so it crosses 271... We can only hope they donate to local things, they promised giving to the fire department..
Chicken houses are 4 miles from me, as a crow flies anyways

OP
cowgirl8

cowgirl8

Reaction score
Chicken houses are 4 miles from me, as a crow flies anyways
Does the smell get to you. If the wind is directly out of the north, we can get a whiff of it and we're around 10 miles away... happens a couple times a year.

Lucky

Reaction score
Does the smell get to you. If the wind is directly out of the north, we can get a whiff of it and we're around 10 miles away... happens a couple times a year.
The only time we smell the litter or the plant is when the farmers there on 271 put it on the fields. I’d guess they are spreading it on 10-12,000 acres some of which is a mile from our house. Even then we only smell it in the evenings and it’s not terrible. The pile of litter those guys have is huge and they’ll spread for several weeks. They say you can smell it in Detroit in the evenings too. Usually last about 3 weeks or so then it’s gone.

OP
cowgirl8

cowgirl8

Reaction score
We will have panels on our place this month for sure. They got all the racks up. The progress is amazing. This time last year we may have had a little dirt work done and a few survey flags...Now, the place is flatter than a pancake and big roads everywhere..They just put in a new culvert where i've cussed a few times, got stuck in it even more.

Latest posts