More Snow WARNING: MAY CONTAIN A RANT

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
Tuesday night into Wednesday morning we got 14 inches of snow on top of the couple of inches that we had left. And now I'm hearing that we whould expect another 6-8 and i've also heard another 10. :( I like snow, but not this much. I've had classes cancelled, almost died going to class and coming home, and now I can't even get out of the lane. My brother will come and open it up for us and then a half hour later we can't get in or out. Some of the counties surrounding us are in Level 3 Snow Emergancies (illegal to drive, can be arrested if on the roads) so even if I could get out I can't go anywhere. On top of that our snowmobiles are out my brothers house and I can't get out to get them. :cry2: If I get a chance I will post some pictures.

Where's this Global Warming they are talking about?

Hey, where are you in OH? We're in southwestern OH, about an hour north of Cincy.

Probably about a half hour north of you. On second thought, it might not even be that far. How much snow did you get? I have a brother down in Butler county and he said they only got 6-7 inches plus a lot of ice. I think all the level three's are lifted now, although Darke county might bring it back up.

We're about 5 minutes north of the Preble/Butler Co line, less than that if I don't stop at the stop sign!

We got 8-10, it's hard to tell with the ice mixed in.

I cannot wait till spring. Of course then the hay starts growing, then comes baling season. But right now that sounds a lot better this snow.

Thanks bb, I sure can't wait till that. I'm getting sick of being holed up in the house, there's not really anything to do outside right now. :cry2:

Where's this Global Warming they are talking about?

It's here, this week all of our snow melted and Thursday it was pouring rain here. So much for calving in cold clean conditions ,it is nothing but muck here. Yesterday we had a few flurries but it was a complete white out, if I thought that there could be tornadoes in winter I would have headed to the basement it scared the crap out of me and the animals. We went from 48 f to 15f in about 15 minutes..Thank God my husband was safe in his hotel room and off the road..

I don't know who the h@ll is controlling the weather but I wish they would knock it off.

Stay safe farmgirl and hopefully your weather will let up soon.

Thanks hillsdown, sorry that you calving is starting in muck, that can never be good. As for my cattle, they're up to there necks in straw. :lol: I got really bored and that was all I could find to do. Plus, there's nothing better than watching heifers/steers go crzy attack broken bales of straw.

You have levels where you can't drive on the roads???? wow you midwesterners are wimps :p :p just kidding, at least you aren't as bad as the people down south where they panic when there is an inch of snow. I am getting sick of the snow too, can't wait til spring. I'm sick of shoveling and cleaning off my car. We haven't even had school cancelled though, we go no matter what haha. I hope and hope but no luck. Hope things get better for you soon...just keep thinking about spring sunshine!

Well...this morning I woke up and it was in the 40's and the snow is melting. :) My county doesn't do the emergencies, normally for a county to go into an emergency is when there is a lot of blowing snow or snow that is a foot plus on the roads. Last night we were drifting real badly and cars kept getting stuck on the road, lol.
I know what you mean about the lack of snow days, I've only had one in the past two years. :cry2: We also have some weanie's up here that can't drive on snow; either they drive way to fast or drive ten miles an hour. :mad:

Send the snow this way! We got 10", "Look'n good", Then 60mph winds. I think Nebraska got my moisture. :( The only snow I have now is in drifts on the roads. I can't afford hay this spring. SEND IT BACK & I will give you my wind. ;-)

L.A.":26byibf0 said:
Send the snow this way! We got 10", "Look'n good", Then 60mph winds. I think Nebraska got my moisture. :( The only snow I have now is in drifts on the roads. I can't afford hay this spring. SEND IT BACK & I will give you my wind. ;-)

No, Nebraska wasn't that lucky. I hear you on the wind, though, it's about to drive me flippin' nuts this winter!

L.A.":atjnt8hv said:
Lol, well maybe you ended up with our snow. It was supposed to come on Monday...but we never got more than a dusting. Worthless forecasts. :mad: Cant complain though.

It was such a nice 53 above today. Got my garden hose thawed out and my ducks and geese got their first bath since October. Happy birds.
First fire of the year, Saturday, hit south of us 20,000 acres burned.

It's like a bloody skating rink around here. Each time you go out you are one step away from landing on your @ss. I am really worried about the cows slipping and falling. Pinta decided to do some chasing when I was feeding today I am sure her @ss is still sore..

I cannot figure out the weather this year. Calving when it is -5 c is heavenly though, not cold enough to make the new babies popsicles but cold enough to keep the ground frozen.. :D

Btw, there is pretty much no snow left just lots and lots of ice..

ILH - I'm jealous! HD, it got up high enough to start melting snow - but now everything is icy. :( The driveway is scary. :shock:

I wish we'd get some kind of wet-- it's 75f to 85f! NO rain-none..We're the 2nt dryest county in Texas..Cauldwell county is #1 Excepitonal drought!! Y'all can keep the snow,send rain!

Peg, I'd love to send it down to you...until the pastures/fields need it. Then I will become very stingy with my moisture.

Latest posts