More Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

El_Putzo

Reaction score
I finally had time this weekend to snap some new pics of my soon to be pregnant (I hope) new heifers, and I thought I'd share and get opinions. I posted some pics right after I bought them in January, but you wouldn't even recognize them from then. I will be AIing them on saturday, 2 to Feltons Magnum, and 2 to KT Top Secret. I posted them in order of my preference, which also happens to be from oldest to youngest. Comments, opinions and criticism are welcomed.

4.jpg

6.jpg

18.jpg

44.jpg

Bonus Pic. And yes, they were delicious!!

1006deb0.jpg

Thanks Chuckie!

If they were only a little more gentle, I would comb the other 3 to get that winter coat off. They look so much better without it. Guess I'll just have to wait till it falls off like the first one. The one in the second pic had been my favorite, as she is deeper bodied and more growthy, but the one in the first pic is quickly catching up size-wise and has lots of eye appeal.

I like to think I take pretty good care of them. They get fresh water, some grass, and free choice wheat hay. I had been feeding them about 3 lbs of grain per day, but recently took them off as I don't want them to get too fat and cause udder damage. They will get kicked out on pasture in a few weeks once I'm sure they are bred.

i agree with the others... very nice looking heifers... hopefully they will all turn out to be great cows..

good luck

jt

They all look great. If they all came through the ring and I had my pick I would have to pick the 3rd one. The coat is better on the first two, but I like the looks of the 3rd one.

i like 3 and 4 the best. 5 looks like shes got something wrong with her.

ruby i dont think its lumpy jaw, looks more like bovine spongiform...
that one on the right looks like he's a fun guy!

if i was getting ready to eat, i would go with number 5, most definitely. if i was going to raise cattle, my picks would be 1,3,2,4 in that order----nice heifers

preston39":2f4betj8 said:
El_Putzo,

Nice cows...what do you normally breed your herfords too?

Well, it's funny that you should ask. This is my first set of registered Herefords, so I was plannin to AI to Felton's Magnum this past Saturday A.M. Too make a long story short, I had them all sync'd and sometime late friday night, my dad's black simme bull jumped the fence and covered 2 of them. :mad: :mad: I'm keeping my fingers crossed that at least one of them didn't stick. If I remember correctly, it was the ones in the 1st and 4th pictures that got bred by my dad's bull.

I figure I'll spend my morning trying to figure out whether the bull is going to be easy calving enough to let the heifers carry those calves, or give them some lutalyse and make them abort and try to AI them again later. I'm going to start a new thread and get some opinions on what others would do.

I agree with Green Willow...like the third (tag 3A ?) all look good, can see what you worry about with the fat...these are well fed heifers...

Latest posts