More King Ten questions

Help Support CattleToday:

WichitaLineMan

Reaction score
Since this rain storm has me awake in the middle of the night, I am up at the computer.

How much more King Ten semen is out there? Is Wiese's out now? I remember a post where Bookcliff said he had some but have not seen where he has any progeny. What about Mill Creek? Others?

I can sure think of some interesting matings but it seems like he is just destined to be used on polled cows.

Strangely enough, his ancestry is linebred polled Victor Domino and his paternal ancestry is to Mossy Plato 26 and farther back to Giant...one of the original Polled Herefords.

WichitaLineMan":1jwbk6ji said:
Since this rain storm has me awake in the middle of the night, I am up at the computer.

How much more King Ten semen is out there? Is Wiese's out now? I remember a post where Bookcliff said he had some but have not seen where he has any progeny. What about Mill Creek? Others?

I can sure think of some interesting matings but it seems like he is just destined to be used on polled cows.

Mill Creek still had some semen at the time that I was talking to Dave about 595. I'm sure he hasn't used any of it, as he hasn't registered any more KT calves after 595's full sister in 2006.

Looking at the recent AHA records, in addition to those you mentioned, I'd say Duncan Ranch Co might have some semen - and possibly a breeder in Junction City, Kansas named Gustafson Herefords, who registered an ET King Ten daughter born in 2009.

Looking back a little further, Tom Ihry (ND) and Silver Creek Cattle Co (MO) are possibilities.

McMurry was using a King Ten son when I first started looking into KT around 2004:

http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-b...3=56&5=2B3C2B3C3A&6=5A5D5C5B5923242122&9=545E

They may have some semen on him.

George

Latest posts