More houses

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
Read in the paper that the Stiner ranch"XS" plan is going ahead--7,000houses,apartments,parks,store,postoffice~*on and on!! Gotta check on my numbers,it may be worse than that.. Don't know where they think the water is going to come from..

That's a shame. I don't guess that developers ever think of some little ol' thing like water when they start building. I guess they are all going to be "Mcmansions" too.

Lammie":27bdoulg said:
That's a shame. I don't guess that developers ever think of some little ol' thing like water when they start building. I guess they are all going to be "Mcmansions" too.

Oh they think of it, but if they have enough water to fill the toilets once and get the thing sold, then it's the problem of the proud new owner.

Larry

10,000 acres of ranchland gone.. You remember that bullrider Stiner?? He's the one sold it.. Guess they shook a lot/lot of $$$ under his nose.. Don't know where he went from here,but he always was too big for this town. ( my opinion :secret: :secret: should keep my mouth shut,but I've never been known for that.) This place sure is bulding up--LOTS of banks :???: Hotels being built..ONE grocery store here
ONE Wal~Mart,a Lows,a Home Depot. No place to buy clothing but WM or on line..Really a funny way to run a town..

peg4x4":25vt99c3 said:
10,000 acres of ranchland gone.. You remember that bullrider Stiner?? He's the one sold it.. Guess they shook a lot/lot of $$$ under his nose.. Don't know where he went from here,but he always was too big for this town. ( my opinion :secret: :secret: should keep my mouth shut,but I've never been known for that.) This place sure is bulding up--LOTS of banks :???: Hotels being built..ONE grocery store here
ONE Wal~Mart,a Lows,a Home Depot. No place to buy clothing but WM or on line..Really a funny way to run a town..

Peg, sounds like you're just starting to have what's been going on here for a long time. Eventually they'll build too many houses, sell some to people that can't pay for them, which in turn will take out some of those banks. Just a viscious cycle fueled by greed.

Larry

Brandonm22":noqkx7uu said:
peg4x4":noqkx7uu said:
No place to buy clothing but WM or on line..

I just wear what Wal-Mart sells without any complaints.

Same here,but being somewnat "fluffy" It's hard to find things in my size. The sizes have changed~what was 3x(26/28) IS NOW 3X (24/26)--AND "THEY" tell me no,see,it's 3x-- I say,no,it's a size smaller now--they say 3X- I don't have enough time to argue with dummys..gads!!
Don't get me started on the shoes!!

Its a shame to see all that land getting swallowed up for houses but maybe its a sign of economic recovery for your area. Project that size should create a few jobs. Might I suggest ya'll using southern yellow pine rather than canadian or slovakian spruce. In my county we only have two houses being built and people being laid off every day and word is several of the mills are looking to close if things don't get better shortly. On the bright side, we do seem to keep getting grant money to build larger government buildings.

It is amazing how much building is going on here! Sombody knows something..We're only approx 30 miles from Austin,good roads,land is "cheap" here.

It is amazing how much building is going on here! Sombody knows something..We're only approx 30 miles from Austin,good roads,land is "cheap" here.

peg4x4":3hsqw0m8 said:
Many moons ago I lived in Blue, out FM 696 past the Knobs. Back then you could buy all you wanted for $600 per acer.

novatech":3v1yo2l2 said:
peg4x4":3v1yo2l2 said:
Many moons ago I lived in Blue, out FM 696 past the Knobs. Back then you could buy all you wanted for $600 per acer.

cheap compared to Cal.. These people are in for a big shock when they meet our grassburs/fireants.

i wondered why i hadnt seen steiner advertizing any brangus sales...that ranch been in his familiy a long time im surprized and disappointed, he is a sell out

peg4x4":3ci9b207 said:

Austin has been booming for years. Small towns that use to be just outside Austin have been swallowed up. Others smaller towns simply take the overflow from Austin. One little community I would go thru had an old football field that looked like the bleachers would hold maybe 50 folks on each side. They now have a new stadium that probably holds 10,000 and is already obsolete.

Latest posts