More Hardware for Honey ?

Help Support CattleToday:

General rule is to not purchase your wife's Christmas present from the feed store, the hardware store, farm equipment store, lumber yard, cattle auction or convenience store. The problem is that those are the only places I visit. I guess there is Amazon and Walmart?
Those are my favorite clothing stores these days 😆

I recently received my semen order for fall breeding. I took the vapor shipper to the UPS store for return. They are always concerned about what is being shipped in regards to hazardous materials, biologicals, pathogens, blood, etc. The young girl asked "what is in there". I had to think about how to answer. There are some words that you don't use or they may refuse to take the shipment or require all kinds of labeling and paperwork. I knew to not mention liquid nitrogen. I told her it was a refrigerated container for shipping bull semen, but that it was empty and being returned to the shipper. She accepted the answer and gave me the printed receipt. Might have been a little uncomfortable for both of us.

I think it takes a very special person to ask for bull semen for Christmas.
Few years ago I took a package to the post office to send to my mother in law. Didn't really pay attention to the box, except that everything I bought her fit inside perfectly. Lady at the post office asked me the normal "liquid, perishable, etc." but was giving me a weird look. And then I noticed the box. Had been to the vet for vaccines; they grabbed the nearest box, threw in the vaccines and an ice pack and for some reason I kept the box (I have to ship a lot). Ummm, big bold letters: ANIMAL ENEMAS. Whoops! So, she asked me if I wanted her to black it out with a Sharpie. Before I could really contemplate the potential consequences, I told her thank you, but NOPE. I'll be darned, my mother in law was not amused.

We are in the process of building a new house on the farm to replace the missing one. So being we just spent our life savings and need to pick up a mortgage, again, something small may be under the tree or in her stocking.

last couple of times I have had semen shipped in there was a note that ups would return in so many days to pick up the shipping container......all I had to do was transfer the semen to my tank.