More Hardware for Honey ?

Help Support CattleToday:

I think most women would be thrilled with any of these:
Clean the house.
Cook her a nice meal and do the dishes.
A day off from farm chores.
An engagement ring. (Not if you are already married to someone else.)
Tell her you love her.
You still need to include a physical gift.

Things you probably should not give a woman for Christmas:
A new chainsaw.
Membership in a weight loss program.
New bucket of rat poison.
A new cow or bucket calf. (May be OK, but not as the main Christmas gift)

There are always exceptions to the above.

Last edited:
The wife has been discussing this very thing. She is saying buying a new camera. And it is Merry Christmas to both of us.

General rule is to not purchase your wife's Christmas present from the feed store, the hardware store, farm equipment store, lumber yard, cattle auction or convenience store. The problem is that those are the only places I visit. I guess there is Amazon and Walmart?

General rule is to not purchase your wife's Christmas present from the feed store, the hardware store, farm equipment store, lumber yard, cattle auction or convenience store. The problem is that those are the only places I visit. I guess there is Amazon and Walmart?
7-11 has good deals....

He!! no!

Even better rule is to ASK her specifically what she wants. Bonus if she picks it out and provides either a link or directions to the store. Multiple choices, so she'll still be surprised.

@shaz - but it's supposed to be something she WANTS - lol
@Dave - seems like the phone camera's have taken place of any "real" camera.
Cell phones don't work at our ranch so we don't have one. Well we do have a pay as you go flip phone that is just for emergency when traveling. It is pretty much straight up for about 2,000 + feet in three directions from our house. Land line works great as a phone but not so good as a camera.

I think most women would be thrilled with any of these:
Clean the house.
Cook her a nice meal and do the dishes.
A day off from farm chores.
An engagement ring. (Not if you are already married to someone else.)
Tell her you love her.
You still need to include a physical gift.

Things you probably should not give a woman for Christmas:
A new chainsaw.
Membership in a weight loss program.
New bucket of rat poison.
A new cow or bucket calf. (May be OK, but not as the main Christmas gift)

There aI
I used to buy her cows for Valentines Day, and then tagged them with a Vxx, but her beef herd got too big.

Last edited:
The wife and I agreed not to get anything for each other for Christmas. We had that problem that if we wanted or needed something we just went and got it. One year at Christmas she came out with a present for me. I was wait a minute we agreed..... She said just open it. It was a stuffed toy hippopotimus. That song "I want a hippopotimus for Christmas" had got stuck in my head and I drove her nuts singing it. So that is what she got me for Christmas. The hippo now sits on an end table right beside my recliner. He has been there for 3 years now.

I guess this forum is the only place i can say i get semen for Christmas.... For the wife i usually get her something she's been eyeing up for a while that makes her life easier. Last year she wanted a cordless vacuum and was eyeing up a cheap one, so we went to the shops and i bought her a top of the range one. Was worth every cent. Unfortunately i don't have a romantic bone in my body but to be honest i think she likes it that way.

I guess this forum is the only place i can say i get semen for Christmas....
I recently received my semen order for fall breeding. I took the vapor shipper to the UPS store for return. They are always concerned about what is being shipped in regards to hazardous materials, biologicals, pathogens, blood, etc. The young girl asked "what is in there". I had to think about how to answer. There are some words that you don't use or they may refuse to take the shipment or require all kinds of labeling and paperwork. I knew to not mention liquid nitrogen. I told her it was a refrigerated container for shipping bull semen, but that it was empty and being returned to the shipper. She accepted the answer and gave me the printed receipt. Might have been a little uncomfortable for both of us.

I think it takes a very special person to ask for bull semen for Christmas.

Latest posts